1945 M29c Weasel

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1945 M29c Weasel

1945 M29c Weasel

Here's one of my other toys.

That looks awesome! Can you tell us a little more about it. What engine, trans, drivetrain, how many people does it hold, what kind of speeds, etc?

Hey Mike!
    My Weasel is a 1945 M29c. It has a Studebaker champion 6 cylinder. Standard shift 3 speed transmission. The differential is a cross between a t-20 and Argo Transmission. The differential also has a hi\low range gear. Top seep is 25\30 miles per hour. I have a spare engine that was rebuilt and crated in France in 1958, a NOS Transmission and a NOS Differential... Here are a few shots. You can seat six in the back section.

Transmission below. Date on box is 7/61

The differential was crated, but was outside covered with a tarp. When we went to move the crate if fell apart.
    Last edited by Joe M; 09-23-2007 at 08:59 PM.

Joe, thanks again for the info. 25 or 30mph seems really fast. I would have guessed half of that. It's cool that you have basically enough NOS parts to replace the entire running gear and man is that differential BEEFY!

Here ya go Mike... A Weasel in action! I believe this one has a motor and Automatic transmission up-grade. FORD 250 6 cylinder.
    Last edited by Joe M; 09-23-2007 at 09:31 PM.

Wow! That looks like fun. Is it just me or did anybody else keep hoping that he was going to go over one of those cars?

No I was thinking the same thing. That thing Rocks!.

OK Joe,

Now I have to come over and see this thing in action!
    Banned

+ Reply to Thread