Cushman Trackster

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cushman Trackster

Cushman Trackster

This is my 1974 Cushman Trackster.

Last edited by Joe M; 09-22-2007 at 11:50 PM.

Humpty Doo, Northern Territory, Australia
    what a machine! looks in good nick too. That photo makes me shiver, it's a little over 36 degrees celcius here today! (97 F)

Joe, I've seen that somewhere before Oh yeah!

It looks like it is in perfect shape. I asked about your Weasel and will do the same here if you don't mind. Can you tell us a little more about the machine. What engine and drivetrain, speeds, does it climb as good as it looks like it would? Also, does it float well?

Thanks for sharing!

Mike, I actually have an old Popular Mechanics issue with the Trackster on the cover. They did a complete review of it. I will have to find it, but I believe that they had a two cylinder two stroke 440 possibly. Some Tracksters were amphibious with the addition of a square hull that was bolted around the machine. This guy that buys six wheelers for me down in Pennsylvania sold a nice Trackster for only $600 before I knew him. I am still trying to track it down and buy it from the guy he sold it to. I will be sure to keep eveyone updated.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

The Trackster initially came with the OMC 25hp opposed twin, but the motor was a little weak, so they went to the 29hp opposed twin. Both were odd engines as that both pistons hit top dead center at the same time *firing at the same time*. When the motor wasn't under a load, only one side will fire; the other cylinder will be intermittent. When sitting and idling, raw fuel will come out the exhaust on the side thats not firing.

The floater model, was just a top that was glued and screwed on. They did make a version which was a one piece. Only 500 of those bodies were produced. I have one; got it from Pete Cagle.

The picture above of the Marsh Model Trackster, Is a one piece body.
    Last edited by Joe M; 09-23-2007 at 08:31 PM.

I see, thanks for the info guys. I remember seeing both of those models now that you mention it. We have a link somewhere in the links section to Cushman Trackster.com .

According to that site above top speed is around 16mph and they have some great pictures, brochures, manuals, etc.

Thanks again!

+ Reply to Thread