6x6 Visits Charlotte, NC USA

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 6x6 Visits Charlotte, NC USA

6x6 Visits Charlotte, NC USA

While the 6x6 model has been idle waiting on its journey to start (right after Ashtabula) I took it with me to work so that it could visit Charlotte, NC USA. For more info on the model and its journey check out this thread: 6x6 Around the World .

The 6x6 model and I made our way to work where it got to see my desk and computer:

I turned around for a minute and before I knew it the model had hopped online and headed straight for 6x6 World.

Before lunch, the 6x6 was kind enough to bring me a snack to help make up for goofing off earlier.

Finally we get ready to head out to the job site.

We took a detour for a little sight seeing first though. The following shot was taken to get some of the Charlotte skyline in the background. For you locals, here is the Google map of where the picture was taken: 100 wesley heights way charlotte, nc - Google Maps

In the distance, the largest tower on the left is the Bank of America Corporate Center. Off to the far right, still under construction is the Duke Energy building. Initially this was to be Wachovia's world headquarters before they were bought out. It is currently owned by Wells Fargo who is finishing construction. Wells will continue to own the building and rent out a lot of the floors to Duke Energy.

After our brief detour for a photo shoot we arrive in the ITC parking deck next to the jobsite and have a great view of two of Charlotte's larger skyscrapers.

The Hearst Tower

Bank of America Corporate Center

Unfortunately the 6x6 wasn't U.L. approved and it hadn't attended the appropriate jobsite safety classes with the general contractor so it was turned away from the job site. It had to wait in the car while I made my rounds.

After work, the 6x6 and I ended our day at McCoy's house where the model got to visit with its first Argo and Attex:

The 6x6 had a busy day but it was good practice for its upcoming journey. I can't wait to see it at some of your homes / cities. If you haven't signed up yet to have the model make its way to your house please do so soon so you can get on the list. The trip is about to start!

See this thread for more info: 6x6 Around the World
    Last edited by Mike; 05-03-2010 at 10:21 PM. Reason: added more links

+ Reply to Thread