Scammers

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Scammers

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    ["Cool, are the muffler bearings good? I really need them!!!!]

Now that is funny!!! Muffler beariings! Wonder where he'll get a picture of those. Tell him you'll also want the flywheel sprocket drive for the carburetor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff t-boss View Post
    ALOT of scams for many different phishing spots originate from the U.K.
    As far as reporting them; My e-mail service provides a directory to report messages as phishing scams. I also move them to a file on a seperate disk.
    And like others I send a message back that indirectly (or directly) lets them know that I know it's a scam and they are busted in my book. Sending a message won't jeopardize anything as long as you don't include your personal info. I use a free email service (hotmail.com) just for communications as this. That way there is no real connection with my personal info, and I can create a different account at any time and cancel this one.
    Also, in these phishing scams you'll notice that the jerks are really poor at writing skills and grammer. The spelling can be quite entertaining too. Also big signs.
    Thanks for the Info Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by brushcutter View Post
    ["Cool, are the muffler bearings good? I really need them!!!!]

Now that is funny!!! Muffler beariings! Wonder where he'll get a picture of those. Tell him you'll also want the flywheel sprocket drive for the carburetor.
    Ok, Ill ask, lol.

Here is the response from the muffler bearings question......
    "Thanks for your mail..The muffler bearing are in good condition..I will be asking 40GBP and i will need to know your home address to calculate the shipping cost to your doorstep thanks and hope to hear from you soon"

I think Ill keep toying with him untile he stops. lol. Next reply..

"I was out looking mine over and notice I may need the flywheel sprocket drive for the carburetor. Do you have one and how much if you do?

Thanks"

+ Reply to Thread