rokon trailbreaker 2wd motorcycle

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: rokon trailbreaker 2wd motorcycle

rokon trailbreaker 2wd motorcycle

anyone know anything about them? i found one for $1000 (i can probably get it a little better than that as i'm buying 3 Attexs from the guy) it needs a carb rebuild. i was just wondering how they ride, what they are worth... i figure what the heck, i'm already into the "odd" toys. why not take it a little further!?
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Hey Brian, if it is in good shape, that is probably a good price. They ride like a tractor and from what I hear, are pretty tough machines. I think there are folks out there that are pretty crazy about them and they do go for a decent price on ebay every now and then. I know a guy that always asks me if I found one because he's interested in picking one up. You could always buy it and sell it on ebay for a profit.

What is exciting about this post though is the fact that you're getting 3 more Attexes! What models are they and can you please post up some pics when you get them home. It is always exciting seeing old 6 wheelers being rescued and restored to their former glory.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    What is exciting about this post though is the fact that you're getting 3 more Attexes! What models are they and can you please post up some pics when you get them home. It is always exciting seeing old 6 wheelers being rescued and restored to their former glory.
    i'm not even sure on all the models. should be picking up the first later this week. the guy is hauling them in from an estate he bought out in MD. all are racers, and "lots of parts...engines, tranys..." the one i'll get this week is a first generation, looks rough, but it should clean up pretty well
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    i'm not even sure on all the models. should be picking up the first later this week. the guy is hauling them in from an estate he bought out in MD. all are racers, and "lots of parts...engines, tranys..." the one i'll get this week is a first generation, looks rough, but it should clean up pretty well
    u luckey rat , congrats race . coollllllllllllllllll robbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

Wow, congrats on the attex's. Seems alot of them are getting rescued lately.
    Those rokons seem cool. I guess some folks are as crazy about them as we are on amphibs.

rokon

check out rokonworld.com the prices run about the same as used aatv's.they still build them a new is between 6 and 8 thousand dollars. if you go to the site drop orla a note he is one of the inventors of them in the beginning.

Cool ROKON

Racerone
    I have had a Rokon it was a 1974 mk4 ,there ok ,But are ruff riders.with no
    subspention they bounce off stuff.there kinda neat ,I though they would be just the thing for a trip out west elk hunting,but it did'nt work out most of the trails are so full of rocks and large boulders loose stuff that you loose
    balance.I though I was going to break my wrist or foot and had to walk it out of one trail.I keep it for a few years .then sold it .there more of a collector thing .but are worth some bucks sold mind in good shape for 1600.00
    have fun and wheels down.
    NERO

A friend of mine has one. They are slow, rough riding, and kinda wierd to drive but they do go places. He uses his for hunting, loads it up in his jetboat and takes it when he's looking for Elk, Moose, ext.
    I would say that you found a good deal, if it's in good shape.

RD

Maybe the older Rokon,s were rough riding , but some of the new models of the Rokon line , have suspension on them.

http://www.geocities.com/roburtrucks/hondaranger.gif

I've got a '97 TB and they are TOUGH as a tank. Mine has the suspension seat and it is really sweet for smoothing out the rough stuff. The newest version is the MK9. Finally the engineers at Rokon have confabulated a working suspension for the front end. I have no idea how it works (and it does look pretty weird), but if it's on a Rokon you can be sure that you can beat the snot out of it and it won't even phase it. The hold-out TrailBreaker has finally said goodbye to the smoky 2-stroke Chrysler PowerBee engine and gone more eco-friendly, switching to a 6.5 HP 4-stroke Kohler. There are even some creative gear-heads over at Rokonworld who've found a way to do a bolt-in marriage of the Kohler base and a Yamaha one-lunger mill top end for even more stump-pullin' power!

The bikes will go through about 3' of snow and up to 2' of water (while riding). If the bike has the aluminum drum wheels and they're empty then you can float the machine across any body of water that you can walk across. Best to do this with the bike running, laying on its left side or in an upright position, so the carb doesn't suck in water - then just hop back on when you reach the other side and drive away! I have to admit I've stuck my Max a few times, but in 12 years I have yet to find a muddy, mucky bog (short of actual quicksand, I suppose) that I could get the TrailBreaker stuck in. Looooove that 2x2 power!

I've been working mine pretty hard this summer dragging out piles of cut limbs with a log chain (I'm trimming all the pine trees that line the sides of my long driveway), and hauling firewood, chipped & mulched debris and so forth in a poly tub trailer I bought recently. The trailer is rated for 1300+ pounds and I've had it loaded fairly close to the limit - and the Rokon yanks her along with no problems at all.

The older models are far more primitive, which is saying something since they are already a very primitive machine - but that's what makes them so durable and long-lasting: simple is as simple does, to paraphrase Gump. A good many of them are still on the trail, which is a testament to just how sturdy these little machines are. They do require regular maintenance, just like our AATVs, but it's pretty easy since most everything on them is right out in the open. Another plus is that common 9/16" & 1/2" wrenches or sockets will spin about 90% of the nuts on the bike, which makes packing a deep woods tool kit much easier.

If you'd like I can try and post up some pics of mine in action.
    Last edited by Dirty Harry; 09-01-2009 at 08:29 AM. Reason: add some info

+ Reply to Thread