rokon trailbreaker 2wd motorcycle

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: rokon trailbreaker 2wd motorcycle

Here's a pic of my cousin climbing over a rather large tree in my woods. The tree's about 3ft. across, but a good 6-8 inches of it was buried into the ground by the impact as it fell. It's fun to show off the Rokon's climbing abilities by pulling up to a 55gal. drum that's on its side and scrambling over it from a dead stop. That's always an eye-opener for folks.

Putting my Rokon TrailBreaker to WORK!!!

Finally got some pics I took earlier this June when I cut back all the pine trees that line both sides of my driveway. Cut the insides back to the trunk from the ground to about 8ft up. A massive job, and I cut everything by hand with a little telescoping pruning saw. (Ugh!) Must have hauled 30+ brush piles this size out to the edge of my wooded property to be chipped/mulched later.

A month later I bought this handy little poly-tub trailer (rated @ 1325lbs). I used it to carry several dozen full loads of firewood cut from an old Ash tree I had to drop. Also carried away many loads of debris (wet leaves, sticks, limbs, etc.) while clearing & grooming the riding trails in my woods. Recently, it hauled a couple of heaping loads of compost-rich topsoil for flower beds I'm building and to till into my garden this Fall.

The Rokon handled them all like a champ!! Don't let their small size & light weight fool you. These bikes are true work horses!

i really wish i'd been able to get the one i had posted about, but the guy was such a tool to deal with on the first Attex i never went back. i figure the stuff will still be there if i ever get desperate for a project
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Dirty Harry,

That Rokon of yours looks like a real work horse thats for sure! Those are some really meaty looking tires on it too.

Thumbs down Cool!

Hey Harry,
    Pretty cool!!! Very sweet!!

Those pictures have a very neat vintage look to them. The fade or something. Plus the older vintage rokon. Just very sweet looking like out of a brochure. Nice shots!!! Are they older pictures or did they just turn out that way.

What motor do you have?

Mudbug3-
    Thanks. It is a small, but damn-near unstoppable monster. I have yet to run out of power. Running out of traction is the biggest evil on this bike. You can compensate for that somewhat by filling the hollow aluminum drum/wheels with either fuel or water - they hold 4.5 gals which would give you a bit more bite. I'm seriously considering swapping out those 15" wheels & tires for some 12" Douglas solid dish-style aluminum rims and packing a pair of those new Carlisle Mud Wolf tires in 25x8-12 on them to see how well they scoot the Rokon along.

Larry-
    Even though the pics were taken less than 3 months ago they look the way they do because I used an old, crappy Kodak 35mm camera on film that had been the thing for ??? years, opted for el cheap-o processing, then scanned them on an old scanner. I guess it's a miracle they turned out at all. LOL

The bike's a '97 that I bought new from the factory. The engine is the stock 134cc Chrysler PowerBee 2-stroke. New TB's use 6.75hp Kohler 4-stroke. A little less torquey (I'm told) but much, much quieter. I'd love to pick one of the newest Mk-IX TB2's one of these days. They've worked out a way to keep the front wheel drive while incorporating some sort of articulated suspension on the front end, so they probably ride more like a traditional motorcycle now, instead of a two-wheeled tank.

QUOTE=racerone3;48569]i really wish i'd been able to get the one i had posted about, but the guy was such a tool to deal with on the first Attex i never went back. i figure the stuff will still be there if i ever get desperate for a project[/QUOTE]

They are worth looking for. Gotta watch out though. The Rokon camp is as nuts about tracking down, buying & restoring old TrailBreakers as we folks are about our floaters!

Great thing about them is that as long as the frame is still soldi they are great to fix up. Lots of tech advice from the old timers who still have the waaaaay classic Rokons and several places to get stock parts and aftermarket, hot-rodded goodies (top ends, whole engines, carb work, etc.). They are fun and easy to work on too, since everything hangs out in the open.

cool YouTube vid

A cool video of a fellow up in Canada who gets paid to ride the trails around north/central Vancouver Island doing water sampling and fish stock assessment. To get where he needs to be he uses a newer Kohler-powered TrailBreaker pulling the factory-option Single Track Trailer. The trailer thing is sweet! I need to make me one of these things! LOL

Here's the vid:

this was one of the threads that lost a bunch of replies over christmas. Mudbug and Dirty Harry, i think i had read most of your posts before they were lost. thanks for your interest in this project. i took it out for a first test drive today. luckily i went into this adventure without much expectation... this machine handles a lot different than anything i've ever played with. i can't wait to get it in the woods and see what it will do.
    here is my photpbucket folder with all the rebuild pics. Rokon pictures by racerone3 - Photobucket hopefully i'll get some video of it in action soon
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Man oh man, Brian! You have done an AWESOME job restoring that old TB!!!! I love the ammo can saddlebags!!!! And with everything painted to match, too! So very sweet! Hope you have had a chance to put her through the paces in the snow.

Glad to see you putting her to work already as well. I frequently use my Rokon as a mobile chainsaw shop, too. I have an old plastic milk crate I bungee onto the rear seat that carries gloves, gas can, bar oil, scrench tool, lopping shears for trimming unwanted small branches, a cooler for hot/cold beverages, and other misc. junk. I carry my saw up on the front cargo rack, with the bar slid down along chain drive side. Newer TB's have a fiberglass chain shroud which makes it safe to carry a chainsaw up front since the saw's chain can't accidentally snag on the Rokon's drive chain. Your older TB might pose a problem with the front drive chain exposed.

Regardless, I am very proud to see you took your TB ownership seriously and followed through to complete the machine's resurrection. (And in record time, to boot! LOL) They're lots of fun, but as you said, handle unlike most anything else you'll ever drive. Not bad... just... different. Certainly not much else is as nimble in the dense woods as a Rokon, that's for sure. Ride smart and HAVE FUN!!!

+ Reply to Thread