Cage / Rollbar ?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cage / Rollbar ?

I already have a grease buddy & the lines sitting in the bottom of my toolbox! Thanks for the heads up though!!!
    I'm a Mechanic by trade. My job requires me to work on all types of cars, trucks, and equipment. I've picked up lots of information & tricks of the trade that are verry usefull on aatv's.
    Jeff
    02 Argo Bigfoot

I never get lost : I take expeditions!
    I'm guided by the Magic 8 Ball.

I'm a Mechanic by trade
    Me too, but I work in the gas ind. I work mostly on Gas Turbines, Natural Gas Engines, Compressors, Pumps, ect.

Maybe we should see if Mike would add a Tips & Tricks section to the site

I think that would be good for the site!

I work for local Gov. 8yrs now. Been in the business for 14. I work on everything from weed eaters to excavators. My specialty is Police & Fire. I'll leave all the natural gass engines for you!!! I had to rebuild the PD generator =LP gas, drove me nutz! I'm the poor soul that takes all the new vehicles, and adds all the lights & equipment. Best part of my job is test driving the new police Hemmi Chargers!
    Jeff
    02 Argo Bigfoot

We can always use more tips and tricks. We do have a section for those up at the top called "Articles" for the more in-depth how-to's. Feel free to post some anytime.

I'll try to remember that & take pics next time I do a little work!
    Jeff
    02 Argo Bigfoot

Mike, what diameter and thickness of pipe did you use for your rollbar?

Jim, unfortunately I don't remember the size. The O.D. is a little over 1 1/4" and I think that equates to 1" pipe but again, I'm not 100% certain. It's schedule 40 though. I actually bought a long stick of it but ran out. I was able to go to Lowes and buy it in 10 foot sticks to complete the cage. You may want to look there just to get a feel for the sizes.

Thanks Mike. I have a bunch of pipe laying around, from fence type to oil well pipe. I was hoping to save a little weight by using fence pipe, but not at the expense of safety.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by james8719 View Post
    Thanks Mike. I have a bunch of pipe laying around, from fence type to oil well pipe. I was hoping to save a little weight by using fence pipe, but not at the expense of safety.

Jim
    jim. just a precaution to let you know, most fence pipe is galvanized, which will produce toxic gasses when being cut with a torch or welded. better to use regular iron pipe. greggv2007.

here's one that'll clear the factory top and windshield
    Attached Images
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

+ Reply to Thread