Small World

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Small World

Small World

i went to pick up a 69 Attex racer this evening from a guy named "Duck". he raced in 74-76 in junior class somewhere in PA. claims to have 2 more racers in his Dad's barn in Maryland that will be transported here along with "a pile of motors, tranys and parts" he had 2 others... a stock chief that sold at auction a few weeks ago, and another racer that he sold in maryland "about 10 years ago". as i'm getting ready to leave, i ask him to please give me a call when the rest of the stuff makes the treck to NC. i also asked if he had a name other than "Duck" so i could ask around and see if anyone here knew him back then. he tells me that his name is Donald Hoffman... and my jaw drops. i asked if the racer he sold 10 years ago in MD was an ST400 and he said yes. i ask if he remembers what the # on it was and he tells me "4832 it had a blue roll cage" for anyone not making the connection... that's my other racer! after another 10 minutes of shooting the breeze, he has promised to get the old photo albums of his racing days from his mom and let me borrow them to scan the pics for 6x6 world... i geuss i finally know the history on my first racer!!
    http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/show...906/ppuser/295
    http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/show...905/ppuser/295
    http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/show...903/ppuser/295
    Last edited by racerone3; 05-14-2009 at 10:02 PM. Reason: added pics
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Very cool.

That's way cool. I remember when you got the first racer you asked if anyone knew the history- now you know! Congrats on the machines.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Glad you found the history of your racer!!!
    Way cool.
    Looking forward to the scans.

coolllllllllllllllll race verry coollllllll . robbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

Smile Attex racer

Excellant!!!

That's great Race. Knowing the history is really nice.
    Banned

Cool

That is one great story, strange how these things happen. Way to go Race.

Wow!!! Very cool, Brian. Do you know when the other Chief went to auction and what state it was in? I remember a couple of Chiefs that were sold at auctions. Heck, maybe there's a 6x6World member that picked it up. It certainly is a small world. Knowing the history behind the machine makes it that much more special. I love sharing and hearing "barn find" stories and all of the history behind them.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

well, i haven't had much time to play with it... trying to get the others ready for Ashtabula. i did get what was left of a seat removed, and shop vac the stuffing out of the tub. the bottom of the front chains were rusted almost solid so i cut them out. it rolls pretty well now. sanded a little on the body, and found that it was in fact a 208TT. engine has no spark. i'm going to pull it out and see if i can get spark, then sort through the starter "wiring" (scary!). clean up the carb and if i can get the engine running i'll probably put around with it a little before it gets torn down for a total rebuild this one will probably end up with the 339 jlo that was in Beth's max when we got it.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

+ Reply to Thread