AMF Sur-Trek 8x8

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AMF Sur-Trek 8x8

AMF Sur-Trek 8x8

These articulating steer 8x8 amphibious ATVs were made by American Machine Foundry company in York, PA. I always had a fascination with them and I got to see one in person today. It is quite a machine! Its powered by a 297 JLO single in the rear half of the ATV. Imagine what some 22" Rawhides and a big 29HP liquid cooled Kawasaki four stroke could do for this machine! If anyone else has any other info on these machines please post it up!
    Attached Images
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

That is one cool machine. Awesome avatar by the way.

Thanks Mike, its actually an old picture from the Jiger proving grounds up in Ontario, Canada. I'll have to post up the link in the links section so you can watch the actual video. They beat the heck out of these machines, including jumping them about 25 feet into a pond at full throttle!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I have to see that!

Hi, from where do you have the pictures of the Sur-Trek?
    I search for a cheap one, does the owner sell it ?

The pictures were taken at a fellow 6 wheeler collector's house in New York, USA. That Sur Trek actually ran and drove.

Cool Amf sur trak...

The Amphiman has one too....All origional, unrestored.they are great, non skid steer amazing machines,,,, need any information on them, just ask me.hey, jp, where did u get those pictures...lol
    Last edited by Amphiman1; 10-27-2007 at 11:17 PM.

Here's a link to the Jiger video, Mike.
    The Jiger Proving Ground Video

I am new here!!!!! I just bought a Sur Trek. It is very tired but I am in no rush and hope to bring it 100% back to life! It has cracks and a missing engine cover I hope to find some day. Very cool ride! Hope to find out more about these with help from this Awesome site you guys have here!!!!! Any help and info would be AWESOME!!!!

Steve in Seattle

Hi Steve, welcome to 6X6World!

Here's a picture with some interesting info on the back that I bought. The bodies were actually made by Goodyear Aerospace Division.

And here's the original sales literature. Glad to see more Sur-Treks coming out of the woodwork! Rumor has it, there were 274 (I believe) units made before AMF stopped production.

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...bious-atv.html

+ Reply to Thread