6x6 Racing Results 2009

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 6x6 Racing Results 2009

6x6 Racing Results 2009

6x6 racing is back in Ashtabula, Ohio at Pine Lake Raceway for the 40th anniversary of America's Oldest ATV race. This thread will contain all of the race results, pictures, videos, etc.

The first heats were May 23, 2009 and the finals were May 24, 2009. We had a good turnout and I think we all met some 6x6 World members that we hadn't met before.

A HUGE thank you to Bud Fischer of Fischer Cycles for setting this up. He was such a generous host. The track is GREAT, the campground is beautiful, the trails are just right for amphibious ATVs, and the races were set up perfectly. T-shirts, food, a DJ, a magician... what more could we ask for?

I'll try to update this first post with the videos and pictures that everyone posts so we don't have to sort through so many pages:

Videos:

Posted by jpswift1

Posted by Joe M

Posted by Joe M. / Video by John Schwab

Posted by Lewis

Posted by Don

Posted by rdr

Posted by Larry W

Posted by CJ-ate:

Posted by George:

Posted by Model Citizen:

Posted by Whipper-ag

http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s...otrollover.flv

Posted by techfx

Posted by RogerS (filmed by John Schwab)

Pictures:
    Posted by Larry W - http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/show...er/916/cat/500
    Posted by Joe M - Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket
    Posted by George - http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=669
    Posted by me - http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/671

Magazine Coverage:
    Pine Lake race covered by ATVscene.com - America's Oldest ATV Race, 6 Wheeler 40th Year Reunion - Page 1
    Photo shoot of Whipper's Attex - Ashley Contorno, Miss ATV Scene Girl May 2009
    Last edited by Mike; 09-24-2009 at 05:08 PM.

I will update this post with the results when they come in...

Here are the classes that we had:

Powder Puff (females)
    Rookie 4 stroke
    Over 50
    Rookie 2 stroke
    Stock 4 stroke
    Stock 2 stroke
    Modified 2 stroke

Saturday we had practice at noon. We were split into two practice groups and let loose on the track for multiple laps. Then we had about an hour break before the heats that afternoon. All heats were 5 laps a piece. Final races were 7 laps each!

Powder Puff Results
    1 - Bridget in Max II Springer (Model Citizen)
    2 - Shanna in Max II (Shanna/KevinGriffin)
    3 - Jennifer in Max II (Jennifer)
    4 - Beth in Attex (racerone3sgirl)
    5 - Alyssa in Attex (geogem)

Rookie 4 Stroke
    1 - Mike in Max II (Mike)
    2 - Eric in Max II (mad max 500cc)
    3 - Paul Laurello in Vtwin springer (originally built by Bud Fischer)
    4 - Tim in Attex (turvuren)
    5 - Shanna in Max II (Shanna/KevinGriffin)
    6 - Nick in Mudd Ox (not on 6x6 World)

Over 50

1 - Whipper in Attex Springer (whipper-ag)
    2 - Lewis in Attex (Lewis)
    DNF - Joe in Scrambler (Joe M)
    DNF - Don in Attex (Don)
    DNF - Jeff Lauglin in tru-way Springer (not on 6x6 World?)
    DNF - Mike Dusel RIM (not on 6x6 World?)

Rookie 2 Stroke
    1 - Mike Gerber in Attex (Mike Gerber)
    2 - Mike in tru-way RIM (techfx)
    3 - Bud in Attex (Air Bud)
    4 - Cole in Attex (evil8x8)
    DNF - Alyssa in Attex (geogem)
    DNF - Jeff in Attex (jpswift1)
    DNF - Nick in Attex (not on 6x6 World)
    DNF - Mike in Attex (hydromike)
    DNF - Mike Brunoforte in Attex Springer (George's nephew)
    DNF - James in Argo (not on 6x6 World?)

Stock 4 Stroke
    1 - Mike in Max II (Mike)
    2 - Eric in Max II (mad max 500cc)
    3 - Mak Wozhiak in Max II (not on 6x6 World)
    4 - Tim in Attex (turvuren)

Stock 2 Stroke
    1 - Mike Gerber in Attex (Mike Gerber)
    2 - Mike in Attex (hydromike)
    3 - Brian in Attex (racerone3)
    4 - Cole in Attex (evil8x8)
    DNF - Don in Attex (Don)
    DNF - Mike Dusel in Max II (Frabbit)
    DNF - David Glogowski in Attex (LittleG)
    Another racer that I can't account for? Was it another RIM?

Modified 2 Stroke
    1 - Whipper in Attex Springer (whipper-ag)
    2 - Bud in Attex (Air Bud)
    3 - George in Attex Springer (George)
    DNF - Mike in Attex (hydromike)
    DNF - Jeff Lauglin in tru-way Springer (not on 6x6 World?)
    DNF - Mike in tru-way RIM (techfx)
    DNF - Cole in Attex (evil8x8)
    DNF - #17 in Attex - Is this James Gerber?

Here are the official NATVA sign-up sheets for all 7 classes that raced on Sunday. A lot of people signed up here didn't get to race due to mechanical failures, etc.
    (Click on thumbnails for larger image)

Powder Puff

4 Stroke Rookie

Over 50

2 Stroke Rookie

4 Stroke Stock

2 Stroke Stock

2 Stroke Modified
    Last edited by Mike; 06-06-2009 at 12:42 AM.

Well Im back home. Was a great day. Wanted to say I had a lot of fun meeting all you guys. We are a great group. Thanks Jeff, George and Steve for letting me cruise around in there rigs. Great machines!!! Thanks to Bud, Whipper and Bridget for all there help with getting it moving along. And also a thanks to everyone else there that makes this hobby so great. Thinking Im going to bring something next year. Great turnout though and I had a blast just being there and meeting everyone in person. I'll post pictures and videos when I can.
    Larry
    Last edited by LarryW; 05-25-2009 at 08:22 AM.

got home late last night. sure enjoyed meeting every one and seeing the raceing. I posted up some pics in the trail ride and events section of the gallery. ashtabula is a must for any one that loves these machenes. everyone at the track was awsome. hope everyone can make it next year,plan ahead
    Kevin Hough
    TREBMASTER
    (____>
    .OOO

I just finished looking at all of the pictures that were posted of the race in the gallery ,and it looked like every one had a really great time. The scenery at this race location looked awesome! You guys sure picked a great spot! I can,t wait to see the video,s of this event when they,re posted.

Exclamation Ashtabula.

WOW!!

Just got home! Time for a Shower!!!!!

It was great to see such a large group of the best AATV folks out there. I've been to quite a few different AATV events and this one was by far the best ever. I had the time of my life, especially after I got to take my racer out and push it to the limits on the track. There are rumors about this happening in the Fall and it seems almost for sure that it will be held again next year. Time to start building more machines folks! I'm already starting on another racer this week.

This was by far the best group of folks I've even come across. Everyone really helped each other out too (especially all of the folks that did some of the final repairs on my racer early Sunday morning). Thanks a million guys! I got to take my racer out and it was an absolute rocketship on 6 wheels......unbelievable! All the folks from 6x6World really drove these 6 wheelers like rentals, WOW! I was really impressed by the show everyone put on. I can't even begin to describe how amazing this event was. The adrenaline rush that I got when I raced (and rolled a few times) was the most intense feeling ever. It actually took me about 15 minutes to regain my equilibrium after it. There are very few feelings that are comparable to it. Let's all make this event even bigger and better for the next time!

Here's a video of Hydromike dialing in his ST/503R racer on the track and an action shot of me during a pretty good rollover. There are tons of additional pictures and videos to come during this week!

Last edited by jpswift1; 05-24-2009 at 10:59 PM.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Glad you guys got her going Jeff. To bad we had to leave so early.

I post some pictures in my gallery today.

http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/show...er/916/cat/500

Nice shots, Larry! I hope you and Kevin can get there next time with some of your rigs. I'm still so excited about this weekend and I can't stop smiling. I don't think I'll be able to fall asleep tonight!

6X6World member Techfx and his dad showed up with the Tru-Way Springer and RIM and they were awesome machines that really moved. I even got to meet some of the 6x6 race legends such as Dave Smith that piloted the Country Bumpkin 6x6 springer racer. They were all such great people. I feel like I could be here all night typing about all of the cool stuff that went on. Make sure you all show up next time for sure, everyone!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread