"new" truck

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "new" truck

"new" truck

hey guys
    i'm starting to look for my first truck. i think i want a diesel because of running costs and mileage. i also plan on doing a lot of towing for my 4 wheeler and 6x6. i need something that is reliable, durable and inexpensive. i found a truck on craigslist that is a 1993 GMC 3500 long bed for 800 and the guy says it needs an injector pump. it has 120000 miles. 93 gmc 3500 long bed (mechanics speacial)
    the kelly blue book is 1800
    would you guys reccomend this truck or not?
    should i go with diesel or not?

That looks like a 1500,A3500 is a 1 ton truck.

6.2 diesel

The 6.2 diesels get very good fuel mileage. A lot better than the new duramax. If the rest of the truck is in good shape thats a good price

Quote Originally Posted by B.A. View Post
    The 6.2 diesels get very good fuel mileage. A lot better than the new duramax. If the rest of the truck is in good shape thats a good price
    i was told the 6.2l's have no power?
    is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by atvrider93 View Post
    i was told the 6.2l's have no power?
    is this true?
    none what so ever !!!! buy u a cummins 6 speed 4x4 . enought said . robbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

Yha what robbie said,I test drove one of those trucks many years ago and took it right back to the car lot.Was very dissapointed in the power,NO POWER.I have a 03 dodge 4 door long wheel base with 4.7 gas burner,Gets 20mpg pulls 3 large 4 wheelers with no problem.Love it.

I run a 94 chevy 2 wheel drive ext cab long box with 6.5 diesel. Lots of power and good fuel mileage. Depends what you want it to do and how much you want to spend.

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Before you buy this Chevy check the price of the pump that it needs. Some of those things are expensive. The Dodge sounds good if you want a diesel, I know several folks that have them and they perform like gas burners.

Quote Originally Posted by brushcutter View Post
    Before you buy this Chevy check the price of the pump that it needs. Some of those things are expensive. The Dodge sounds good if you want a diesel, I know several folks that have them and they perform like gas burners.
    thanks brush , i have a quad on mine love it to death ,can bark them in 4 on dry pavment and spinn them through 5 in the rain . robbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

Cool Hey Man!!

Quote Originally Posted by atvrider93 View Post
    hey guys
    i'm starting to look for my first truck. i think i want a diesel because of running costs and mileage. i also plan on doing a lot of towing for my 4 wheeler and 6x6. i need something that is reliable, durable and inexpensive. i found a truck on craigslist that is a 1993 GMC 3500 long bed for 800 and the guy says it needs an injector pump. it has 120000 miles. 93 gmc 3500 long bed (mechanics speacial)
    the kelly blue book is 1800
    would you guys reccomend this truck or not?
    should i go with diesel or not?
    Be careful of these older Diesels. Although some are very dependable, some parts are expensive. I just put a new fuel pump on my 7.3 F350 and the wholesale on the pump was over $500.00. And maintenance is more expensive on a Diesel also. I need one for the equipment that I carry on some trailers but for hauling the 6x6 and quad around, you won't need the power. A good small block gas burner would probably suit your needs just as well and save you $$$. Today my diesel fuel bill was $489.50.
    Still want a KID

+ Reply to Thread