Another Attex Racer Built

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Attex Racer Built

Looking good! Thanks for update.

Very, very nice. I like it. Hope you never have to use it.

Bridget

Looks like these races are going to be great. Looks sweet Jeff.
    Banned

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Bridget, this year my racer is going to be a good bit wider than my old one, so hopefully you're right that I won't be having to use the cage and keep it from going belly up. Although I may really be pushing it to the limit to keep up with all you folks.

I made more progress on the machine today. I got another T-20 rebuilt for a backup transmission, the laterals were painted silver (I had to add a little bit of contrast to the black cage), the 440 got brand new genuine Cuyuna head gaskets put on, so hopefully there won't be any leaks, and I got the rest of my sprockets cleaned up and painted. The goal for the end of this week is to get the rest of the bearings, along with the inners installed in the flanges, and get the engine and transmission bolted up.

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

That sure looks glossy. Cant wait for the end result!

I do like the silver!

More progress, as promised. Here it is as I am bolting in the axles and sprockets. The engine, transmission, and exhaust are all hooked up and everything fits like a glove! Now I just have to do some work on the lower tub, and then it'll be time to bolt everything together! I'm buying an engine hoist from my roommate, which will make dropping everything in the body a breeze. My friend RPDBrady and I did that when we restored our first Max IV and it was so easy to put everything together outside the body and then just drop it in.

Last edited by jpswift1; 05-03-2010 at 12:48 AM.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Looks great, JP!
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Looks great, JP!
    Thanks Don. You'll be seeing it when I come down to VA on Friday.

Helped out the Griffin family over the weekend by bending a couple tubes up and shoe-horning them into a yellow piece of plastic. It turned out fairly well. I'm going to have to start deviating from the standard cage, but folks just like'm so darn much... It's an honor that people like them. I'm elated to help put another one on the track.

~m

Looking good there Guys! JP and Mike a lot of great work is coming together. See you on the track.

+ Reply to Thread