Another Attex Racer Built

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Another Attex Racer Built

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    I spent a good bit of time just staring at it and making engine noises.
    Hahahaha
    Banned

Looking good and getting closer!!! Cant wait to see it with those aluminum rims.

Made more progress again today. So far I have 4 of the 6 axles and sprockets in. The engine and transmission are going in once the last two axles and sprockets are in, and then it'll be time to run chains, fuel lines, and wiring.

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

It's looking great so far, JP!
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

lookin good Jeff, and your way ahead of where you were last year!
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Looking great Jeff!

Wow Jeff, you are really moving along!!! Looks great. Those arent the wheels your running though right? I though you where running some aluminum bling bling wheels?

Im still working on my body. I hate sanding so badly. Once thats done the mechanical stuff is a breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    Wow Jeff, you are really moving along!!! Looks great. Those arent the wheels your running though right? I though you where running some aluminum bling bling wheels?

Im still working on my body. I hate sanding so badly. Once thats done the mechanical stuff is a breeze.
    Thanks for the kind words everyone. And Brian, you're right, I feel like I'm certainly pushing forward much more than last year. Its still going to be close though.

Larry, I have a set of 6 polished aluminum wheels, but I still have to switch the tires over to them and make some adapter plates. I might not have time, but if I do I'll certainly run the aluminum bling rims. If you want to save yourself TONS of time, use acetone. I did my entire lower body in less than half a day. Just take a clean white rag and get a part of it wet. Then rub it in circles like you're waxing the body. The oxidation comes right off! Make sure you keep flipping the rag over so you have a clean white part of it, and make sure you do it in the shade. Then I take some 500 grit sand paper and wet sand it. Then wet sand it with 1000 grit, wax it, and it will shine so bright!

And Don, I was just waiting for someone to make the 4 wheeler comment.

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    If you want to save yourself TONS of time, use acetone. I did my entire lower body in less than half a day. Just take a clean white rag and get a part of it wet. Then rub it in circles like you're waxing the body. The oxidation comes right off! Make sure you keep flipping the rag over so you have a clean white part of it, and make sure you do it in the shade. Then I take some 500 grit sand paper and wet sand it. Then wet sand it with 1000 grit, wax it, and it will shine so bright!
    That is what I did on my lil little truck but it was painted so I put a sanding disk in the drill. Smaller sized cant remember exactly but something like 2.5-3". I rigged the garden hose to run like a coolant line on the drill by putting an adapter on it cutting it down to 1/4" line then tapped it to the drill with it running down to the chuck. The water wasnt for a wet sand but to keep the abs from melting onto the sand paper. Then I acetoned it. I believe the acetone melts the abs and then it filles in all the scratches. I never messed with sanding afterwards. The headlight, inner seat area and the rear inner part where the ribs are, are the hard part for sanding. I found the best way to get the hard to reach spots(corners) is to scratch away with the leatherman blade. The Gerber blade isnt arced and dont work as well. I hate gerber. That method works real good if you have paint on the machine. My 208tt is so oxidized Im doing the same thing with the drill. Acetone is awesome. I told amphiman about it and he used it on the hawk hi torq. I will try the lower body without sanding. Thanks for tip!

Sorry to hack you thread. I started to ramble.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post

It's looking great so far, JP!
    Now that's funny!

Looking sweet there Jeff. Looks like you moving along at a pretty good pace too.
    Banned

+ Reply to Thread