Anyone ever squeeze 25's on an Attex

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone ever squeeze 25's on an Attex

Anyone ever squeeze 25's on an Attex

After seeing the hydro trax swimming with outlaws,
    I would love to try a set , but smallest they come is 25x12x12
    It looks like it might work if you ran really low pressure and you're not scared to break out a heat gun to give a little extra clearance.
    Have any of you tried or seen 25's on an Attex?

This is certainly is a resurrection of a super old thread, but here is Hydromike's Attex 8x8 tank trainer with 25's on it. Yes it can be done and Mike tells you how in the caption.

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

In all actuality, it's much easier than it looks. The biggest obstacle with fitting larger tires often isn't whether they'll fit under the body, it's weather they'll hit in the middle. I used a small bottle jack with a rounded body dolly on top of it. I put the bottle jack on the axle, and just slowly pressed the dolly up against the body while heating it gently with a torch. A heat gun will work just as well. Just bring it up an inch or so, cool the plastic with a wet towel, and check your fit.... At 5 psi, there is about an inch of clearance between the Rawhide IIIs. I've had no issues so far, and I test it quite hard...

~m
    Last edited by hydromike; 06-22-2010 at 09:03 AM. Reason: spell check.....

+ Reply to Thread