what motor did you run at pinelake?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what motor did you run at pinelake?

what motor did you run at pinelake?

I am sure that after attending the races at pinelake several members will be building thear own machenes. who wants to start out telling what combo of motor and tranny they were running so we(future builders) can get some ideas .
    Kevin Hough
    TREBMASTER
    (____>
    .OOO

Scrambler with a JLO 400 Stock and t-20.

Max II with bandolero motor (28hp) and T20.

The first day during the heats I was dead even with mad max 500cc in his Max II with a 25hp Kohler. I adjusted my jetting after the heats and was able to get it running better for the races on Sunday. After that I was able to pull away from him but still not by much.

I ran a 440 JLO, a Chaparral 484, and a 503 Rotax.... all machines were T-20s. That stock 440 in the Superchief ran the best of all my engines all weekend. The Rotax has something seriously wrong in its' setup.... it lacked guts all weekend and fell on its' face at the starting line each time. The 484 engine still has a couple bugs to be worked out, but is turning into quite a nice li'l engine.

~m

stock JLO 400 with a 28mm carb. i seriously need more HP. T-20. seemed to pick up a little speed every time i lost a wheel, but it was harder to steer
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Stock 484 Chap with a Baker / Hill 6000 (much recomended for high-speed fun). The Chap didn't run well when it heated up, but it will next time: guaranteed.

(Bud) Stock 440 Kawasaki with a T20

(Q) stock 400 JLO ('cept for the pipe) and a T20
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

I'd like to widen the info a bit. Not looking for top secret racing info or anything but for us building machines or new to racing how about some info on but not limited to:

Roll cage design - as there where roll overs a plenty. What worked good what would you change etc

Tires and wheel combos

Frame reinforcement. Any bent frames out there?

any other race tips would great

Mike
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

I ran with a Chaparral 484 converted to CDI ignition.

It ran great until the CDI box became unplugged. I ended up getting into my last race a few laps late.

T-20 transmission.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by micmac View Post
    I'd like to widen the info a bit. Not looking for top secret racing info or anything but for us building machines or new to racing how about some info on but not limited to:

Roll cage design - as there where roll overs a plenty. What worked good what would you change etc

Tires and wheel combos

Frame reinforcement. Any bent frames out there?

Mike
    I think a soft ride is very helpful.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by micmac View Post

1) Wait for the green flag

2) Open the throttle all the way

3) steer

Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

+ Reply to Thread