what motor did you run at pinelake?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: what motor did you run at pinelake?

JLO engine

For you 440 jlo owners i have a pair of 6 bolt NOS cylinders to sell. I latched on to a 4 and a 6 bolt pair. The engine I have is a 4 bolt.
    Tim

Turvuren. You know that you can put the 6-bolt heads and cylinders onto a 4 bolt JLO bottom end, right? Easy way to put in extra ponies. I have a 4 bolt 440 I got from Don, and a set of 6-bolt heads/cylinders and pistons to liven it up, but I found a nicer engine, now if classes will start again, it and the Chap get rebuilt and "Tuned" Boogittyy, Boogittyy,

EDIT: Micmac, I went with a 2-hoop style cage. Self righting or easy to tip back up again. My tips are (though I haven't raced an aatv YET)
    1) Tie into the frame as solidly as possible. (Personally I won't do a "Belly Band" cage on anything more than a 1-Cyl 2-stroke or mild 4)
    2) Keep everything inside the cage, Pipes hanging out cause ended days after even a gentle roll.
    3) If hoop style cage, keep the outside "Roll" lines as close to in line with the outside of the body as possible,
    this should reduce the strain on everything in the event of a roll-over, you'll take less of a hit, the machine will too, and your more likely to land shiny side up.
    Last edited by 6X6; 05-29-2009 at 02:47 PM.
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

I ran a JLO 440 (6 bolt head) with a 34mm Mikuni and a Baker Hill 6000 straight shaft forward only transmission in my first generation Attex racer. I wouldn't have got to run it if it weren't for the help of all of you guys though......a huge thank you everyone! I rebuilt the 440, the machine shop opened up the ports a little bit and bored it out .020, I installed a set of Wiseco forged pistons, and all new gaskets. It had under an hour of run time before I hit the track. I have to say, I was amazed at the performance of that engine and I fell in love with 2 strokes again! It never missed a beat. Luckily Hydromike had an extra flywheel for me at his shop or I wouldn't have had it running. It fired right up after the races too without any issues.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I had a 97 polaris 440 liquid cooled w/ a honda goldwing radiator and 2 smaller mikuni carbs (can't remember size and they're2500 miles away) w/ oil injection. Hastily put into a RIM, scary to squeeze the throttle wide open untested.

Dad ran a 500cc (or more?) Sachs racing sled engine with some really big mikuni carbs from the 70s until it seized.

Racing tip: Keep the rubber side down!
    Last edited by techfx; 07-23-2009 at 02:45 AM.

+ Reply to Thread