The Big 5 (Attex 8x8)

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big 5 (Attex 8x8)

All of those pictures deserve a 10 thumbs up rating! Very nice work as usual, Mike. I can tell that the big 8 is smiling right now. By the way, I've got the other NOS frame and Chief grille for you whenever you want to meet up.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Mike, super job! Is that a 3 cylinder diesel in there? What make, size? Was that in there when you got it?

Thanks Mark,
    It's actually a 3 cylinder gas Kubota. It's a model WG750 (0.75 Liter), which is essentially a gas version of the D722 diesel they offer. I picked it up at an auction in Niagara County, for a decent price. It fired up and ran perfectly moments after getting it home. I just need to make a PTO shaft for it. I would like to run a Comet 1180 on it, but I only have a 94C duster right now. Both take a 1 1/8" shaft, so I'll use the Duster to align the engine with the T-20. I'll have to make other mods to it at some point, but it fits in there like it was made for it!

~m

I got the 25" Rawhide IIIs mounted on the 8 wheeler over the weekend after getting the majority of the skid plate completed. Wrestling with the UHMW is pretty tough, but it should prove to be a pretty reslilient material. I had to make a little extra room for the tires with a torch; just enough to soften the ABS and make some "fender wells" in the lower body. It's stiffening up remarkably, and the bigger tires really make it a formidable looking machine. Lots of clearance, and great approach angle. I have to finish the skid plate, and then work on the rest of the engine bay over the next several weeks.

More pics in my gallery...

~m
    Last edited by hydromike; 06-01-2009 at 09:57 AM.

Those look so good on there. The Big 5 is big enough for its own thread so I moved your posts here.

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    I got the 25" Rawhide IIIs mounted on the 8 wheeler over the weekend after getting the majority of the skid plate completed. Wrestling with the UHMW is pretty tough, but it should prove to be a pretty reslilient material. I had to make a little extra room for the tires with a torch; just enough to soften the ABS and make some "fender wells" in the lower body. It's stiffening up remarkably, and the bigger tires really make it a formidable looking machine. Lots of clearance, and great approach angle. I have to finish the skid plate, and then work on the rest of the engine bay over the next several weeks.

More pics in my gallery...

~m

Great work, Mike! This is turning out to be an amazing project. Not only did those tires improve the approach angle, but the departure angle looks to be an impressive 90 degrees. I can only imagine the capabilities of a true 8 wheel drive, T-20 equipped AATV. This thing is going to be unstoppable!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Very cool Mike. I hope we'll get to see it an event someday. I guess you're going to have to make some tough decisions now with your trailer/pickup space.
    Banned

My very own thread!

thanks Mike...

The idea is to have it done in some fashion for the Ledges ride. It won't be finalized, but I'd like to have it there to put some hours on it. I just got back from RI to pickup more rivets. I hope to get those installed tonight and wrap the remainder of the skid plate up. After that, I think I'll try to get the clutch and engine mount finished, and hope to start on the rear engine cover. Lots and lots and lots to do!

~m

hydro, have you ever thought of making it a springer? maybe an 8x8 is overkill to make a springer?? who knows...

Wow Mike! That really looks sic looking. Love those fat meats on there.

+ Reply to Thread