The Big 5 (Attex 8x8)

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big 5 (Attex 8x8)

Impressive

Mike that is an impressive amount of quility work. That machine with 8 25" tires and a T-20 should be unstoppable. Perhaps you should take the finished product to R.I. If you can do it on your own surely they can build an 8x8. Congradulations!

Looks great!!! A machine like that deserves a winch. I can't wait to see how it will sit and move in the water. I don't think anyone has see a machine like that in the water.

Thumbs down

Looks good Mike!!!! Can't wait to see a video of that machine at work.

attex 8x8 in kansas

Theres another one of these for sale on e-bay item #300318568600 in Hays Kansas says its a 1972 Attex 400 chief 8x8.

( QUOTE ) " I can only imagine the capabilities of a true 8 wheel drive, T-20 equipped AATV. This thing is going to be unstoppable! "

jpswift1

Well spoken I,d say.

Thanks for all the kind words folks....

I started on the engine cover last night. I basically have the lower frame for the engine cover complete, and it's tied into the rear seat mount. In order to incorporate a little more of the original machine into the final product, I'm going to try to keep the old cargo rack on the back, which mounted to the engine cover. I've done a lot of mocking up and balancing parts in mid air to check to see that the final lines don't look all goofy. The pics don't show much, but I'm just posting them as I take them to remind myself exactly what I've done. Pics in the gallery....

~m

EDIT: (around noon... same day...)
    Quote Originally Posted by 650ARGOINIOWA View Post
    Theres another one of these for sale on e-bay item #300318568600 in Hays Kansas says its a 1972 Attex 400 chief 8x8.

I see this machine has been relisted. Apparently, ebay has an issue with posting the accurate placement of decimal points. It appears that the $420.00 opening bid has erroneously appeared as $4200.00. Strange.
    Last edited by hydromike; 06-05-2009 at 12:18 PM. Reason: ...cuz this fella is out of his noggin....

So, Big 5 got a paint job and some graphics over the weekend. The camera makes the numbers look a little fuzzy, but they're a bit more crisp in person. Juuuuuust the right amount of overspray.

More pics in My Gallery....

~m

Awesome! Nice work.

Wow, can't wait to see her perform.

Thumbs down Nice

You have made that machine look new again. Great work Mike. Can't wait to see it in a video. What is the plans for the power plant, 4 stroke or 2.

Lewis

+ Reply to Thread