The Big 5 (Attex 8x8)

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Big 5 (Attex 8x8)

that thing is as agressive as it appears.
    I am impressed nice work mike
    Kevin Hough
    TREBMASTER
    (____>
    .OOO

Nice! I did not get to see the Big 5 when it was mudding. It look great.
    Banned

evil8x8

Outstanding video of the Attex 8x8. A 8x8 with a T-20 and 25 inch rawhide tires on it,,is a very capable machine. Of course , having an experienced driver like Mike behind the sticks does,nt hurt things either.

Big 5

Talking with my old Marine Corps buddy about the site and he mentioned that when his unit went on a Med Cruise that the Marine Corps had something like what we were driving. This sparked my curiosity!!! I sent him videos of the machines and all the rides. He said he would find out what kind of machine it was that they used. I used all the names of the AATV's that i knew of and none matched. He replied with a military designation. It was a 8 wheel Attex tank trainer. He is now looking for the manuals from his Marine years. He is fascinated with the machines and is planning to accompany me on a ride in the future. When and if he can find the military manuals i will post up this material. Hopefully he can find this in one of his old footlockers. I am going to send him the links to Mike(Hdro's) machine in the mud, he will love them.

Mike, that machine performed great, look good and a lot of attention to detail went into this machine. The helmet was a cool accessory, but those shorts were straight form Rommel's African Corps:. Cool machine look forward to seeing it at one of our rides!!!!!!

Semper Fi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by evil8x8 View Post
    I put together a video of just Big 5 from the Ledges. I think the music is fitting for a 1972 army vehicle.

Big 5 in Action on Vimeo
    Cole, awesome video........and CCR for the soundtrack, PERFECT!

Mike, the 8x8 is amazing. I can't wait to see it in action on our ride tomorrow. Nice work!!!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Very cool. Great video and an exceptional eight wheeler with some crazy driver. I liked the very last attempt at coming out of the creek at the very end of the video.

Mike, as I said to you at Ledges your machine is awesome! What did it for me was the Kubota motor and your fine workmanship combined with the military accent and twenty-five inch Rawhides. It just blew me away!

I cannot say this enough. I always love it when a different powerplant is installed in these 6wheelers.

Mark

Mesmerizing (both the machine and the video)

A very impressive resurrection of a truly rare and unique machine. What is the history behind these 8-wheeled Attex machine? What years were they produced and about how many where actually made?

Again, major kudos to you, Sir. It looks fantastic and seems to be near as unstoppable as the army tanks it was meant to emulate in training! (Great choice on the music for the vid, too!)

I thought I was back in the Mekong Delta. The music was great. I was having flashbacks.

Whipper

+ Reply to Thread