The Big 5 (Attex 8x8)

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: The Big 5 (Attex 8x8)

Thanks everybody for the great compliments, and thanks to the Evils for an awesome video; your musical tastes are basically awesome.

To answer 'Harry's question: I think there were 274 total made, and they were all made in 1972, to my knowledge.

JP and I went for a quick ride yesterday, and we only got about 1/4 mile down into the ravine before my sprocket tube broke, and I lost all drive to the left side of the machine. As a testament to he and his machines, he towed Big 5 up a pretty daunting hill with his bone stock 18-horse Max II. That's like towing a Caterpillar D9 with a sowing machine. We're actually lucky to have gotten out of there when we did, since Hamburg, NY got two inches of rain in the course of an hour. The stream we were in turned into a torrent right-quick.

The sprocket tubes are all rewelded and gusseted, so we're going to give her hell again next weekend, maybe.

~m

Impressive

Mike, I am very impressed that you took the time and effort to rebuild this machine. It seems that the engine had just the right balance of weight and power. I was impressed the that machine was able to back out of so many bad mud holes and I wondered if the engine weight in back had something to do with your great traction. From what I saw your machine was able to go into and over several areas that gave other machines cat fits. Can't wait to see some video of you and JP running through the bad stauff together. Again, congradulations on making a worth while project come together and then having the machine work so well.
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 08-12-2009 at 04:21 AM.

Just re-read the whole thread! Good times!
    The videohttps://vimeo.com/6004054 brought back some really good memories. My kids are a lot bigger now

It was great to see this, now long ago.

I got to take her for a spin at the last get together in Ash last spring. Cool machine, that was when I really started to concentrate on getting my own!
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

I just read this thread for the first time as I was not on the site at this time. I think this was the weekend I met Mike and Alyssa's first outing? I never ride with you guys this weekend as we were either with Buffalo or Leo on every ride and the big rides only seen most of you at the big stops.
    Evil made a great video and I drew on each spot.

A great machine, nice to see it out at Ash at RIMfest this year.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread