The Big 5 (Attex 8x8)

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big 5 (Attex 8x8)

The Big 5 (Attex 8x8)

I liked my 4-stroke Chief project so much that I really wanted to make another slug machine to play around with. So I thought to myself: "Self?....what's the ultimate slug machine you could build, while retaining your brand loyalty?"...

So I prioritized my list of wants to accomplish this feat.

#5 It's gotta be a project
    #4. It's gotta be ugly.
    #3. It's gotta be slow.
    #2. It's gotta be an "Attex".
    #1. It's gotta have it's own zip code.

I accomplished ALL of these seemingly irreconcilable project-qualities in one fantastic package.

I give you, Big Five.

She's seen her share of privates (and 6x6World members, as well ), but she's finally found her home. Welcome home, Big Five.

~M

(lots more pics in my gallery... )

I knew it would find a good home eventually.
    Looks like a great mid engine candidate.

You have a real job on your hands- good luck with it!

"Eventually?" Liflod?
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    You have a real job on your hands- good luck with it!
    The real job is just in the imagination. Fixing plastic's easy.

~M

I'd argue #4 but love is, after all, blind.
    Banned

Ugly is only .3 inches deep

Mike do you plan to keep it that color? That's not to bad a color.

I am sure you will have her looking and running like new before you know it.

Cool

Looking deeper into your pics. Wow you do have a project!!! I know the machine has found a gooooooood home. This will defiantly be a labor of love.

Mike perhaps my green st400 body will make a a few patch panels for the 8 wheeler?

Yeah, she's really a project. I knew it was rough. I had a good idea that it was actually really rough. The more that I took it apart, the more confident I was that I could fix her up one way or another. The color IS nice, but unfortunately, the color of the upper plastic isn't actually green. It's grey. Weird, I know. The outside of the ABS has a texture to it, so any layup of fiberglass or any sanding would eliminate the texture. I'd like to be able to put it in "close" to original condition. I'd like to retain the green color, but we'll see how that goes. The first item is to secure it enough to take the lower apart. It'll need a bit of revamping, and a lot of custom steel work to make it into something all-around useful.

It's just too special to chop up for junk, in my opinion. There just aren't any of them running around that get any exposure, so it's my goal to bring one back into the mix. I'll post pictures as I go along...

~m

I had a busy weekend of procuring, fitting, fabbing, etc. on Big 5 and the racers this weekend. I was able to drill all of the bodies, frames and flanges for the racers, and did a considerable amount of fabbing on the eight wheeler. Seat frames are about done, and I got the engine sitting in there about where it should be. There is still tons to do on it, but this is just a first bunch of steps that need to be done before the frame comes out. Several new pictures are in my gallery.... scroll down to Big 5.

~m

+ Reply to Thread