Passing of Sid Wallach

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Passing of Sid Wallach

Passing of Sid Wallach

While at RI today, I learned of the passing of Sid Wallach, owner of Recreatives Industries. I don't really know the details, or any other information about Sid right now, but wanted to extend my sympathies to the Wallach family and those at RI and abroad who knew him. Sid has been partial or full owner of RI from the very beginning in 1969, I believe.

Hats off to a person who helped to root not only the amphibious ATV industry, but the ATV industry as a whole here in the States.

~m

I'm really sorry to hear this. Sid was a great guy. We spoke many times about AATV's and I even helped him gather vintage 6x6 literature for his book that he was writing. He was one of the most easiest going, down to earth people that I have ever met. R.I.P. Mr. Wallach, we'll never forget you or you're accomplishments in the world of AATV's.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I'm really sorry to hear that. I had the pleasure of speaking with Sid briefly on a couple of occasions and I can only echo what Mike and Jeff have already said. I was looking forward to meeting him at Ashtabula and seeing his book for the first time.

He was a walking history book of ATV information as he was right there up front the entire way for the whole 40 year journey. My thoughts and prayers are with the Wallachs and the entire RI family as well.

Our thoughts and prayers are also with the Wallach family and the RI family. The industry and the hobby have lost one of their foundation stones and Sid will be missed.

The Kinyon family
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

thoughts and prayers to the wallach family . and to the RI family . the rogers family .
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

Sorry too hear this. My Condolences to the Wallach Family.

We never had the pleasure of meeting Sid.

We are sad to hear of his passing & for his family including those at Recreatives.

Whipper & Bridget

Uncle Sid will be greatly missed by everyone that knew him. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Wallach family and everybody at R I. The Glogowski Family

Our thoughts and prayers are also with the Wallach family and the RI family.

The Oxender family.

i heard sid was in rough shape but this still comes as a surprise to me i just saw sid abought a month ago when he came to my work for a state inspection on his car. sid was a great guy always pleasant and loved conversation my thoughts and prayers go out to jay and his entire family and the crew at RI ....
    they dont call me mad because im angry!!!!! im just a little crazy thats all!!!!

+ Reply to Thread