The new Argo 24" Frontier tire

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The new Argo 24" Frontier tire

The new Argo 24" Frontier tire

Lets talk about the new Argo 24" Frontier tire here. Judging by the videos this tire is really really fast in the water. I know that Dan R ordered a set but Im not sure if he has them on his Max II yet. Im very excited to see these things in person. Here are some pics at this link.

MaxFrontier

MySpaceTV: Max II with 24" Tires by Brandon
    MySpaceTV: Max II Swimming 2 by Brandon
    MySpaceTV: Max II Driving out of lake by Brandon
    Last edited by Mike; 07-09-2007 at 10:50 AM. Reason: embedded videos
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I would love to try a set of those on mine too. I think I have to move the exhaust to the rear though. They do look really fast in the water.

what makes them faster? bigger "lugs"?

Well I think they are make the machine move faster in water because they have a closed tread design. This makes the treads act like paddles which will propel the vehicle much better than say knobby ATV tires. I will have to talk to Dan R soon and see how deep the treads are on these tires. I always thought that maybe some using sand paddle tires for really good water performance.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Well I just got back from copper ridge with my max iv with 24" fronteir tires, and the ride is awsome, they are great in the mud and water.

Awesome! That's great news. Was there anything that you didn't like about them?

Also, since you had the 26" ones before can you tell a difference in water speed between them or is it about the same?

I'm asking because I took the Max IV with the 26" tires out in a big lake this weekend and I was reminded again how fast the 26" tires are compared to my Max II's 21" ones.

the water speed was not much different, I plan to put a set on my red max ii

How do those 26" Goodyears do on your Max IV's in the water, guys? Mike, how was the Max IV in a big lake? Did it do OK? Im curious because I am going to be taking my Hustler BIGFOOT in Lake Erie as soon as I get it all set up and ready to go. Do they run at about 5mph or so?

Jeff, they did great especially compared to the bald 21" tires I'm used to in my Max II. I'm pretty sure that you get 5mph and maybe 6....I need to borrow a GPS and go clock it.

The lake I was in doesn't allow outboard motors (just trolling motors) so it is pretty calm all the time but I didn't have any trouble at all getting around quickly. I was really impressed. This was with me and my girlfriend, some fishing gear, lanterns, a couple of rods, etc.

Mike, did your Max IV move about as fast as that Max II with the 24" Argo tires on it?

+ Reply to Thread