The new Argo 24" Frontier tire

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The new Argo 24" Frontier tire

My $.02

Hi,
    I just bought my Frontier and took it to the Las Vegas - Apex Dunes. After less than 2 hours I had punctured the front left tire through the sidewall. But, I was suprised to see that it drove almost fine FLAT! I have since had a tube put in, and will use it as a spare, as a new one will be arriving tomorrow (Ironically... it's the spare I ordered when I purchased the Frontier). But, the puncture aside, we loved the ride! It glided over the dunes with ease. I looked back at the tire tracks I left on the fresh sand... no slippage at all... just dig!

The price... well.. a bit much. I'm looking into tracks from Richard's Relics. They look like they will protect the sidewalls of the tires. My question... will the plastic tracks get as damaged as I think they will with the Nevada desert rocks?

Thanks!

My question is, will they fit on a stock Max II or is there some body mods that have to be done (heating, bending, etc?) If they just bolt on this seems like an awesome combo

Quote Originally Posted by wmsthree View Post
    My question is, will they fit on a stock Max II or is there some body mods that have to be done (heating, bending, etc?) If they just bolt on this seems like an awesome combo
    Brandon Price has an exellent video showing how well the Fronteer tires swim through the water , in a Max II . According to him , The Fronteer tires are not 24 inches tall, but 23 " and ?? . The Fronteer tires will fit a max II with out any alteration of the lower tube . The only negativee is the price for six tires .

they seem a little pricey at $125 each!!...will 24" fit a hustler.i have 22" now and it seems like theres at least an inch or more all the way around.i heard someone fit 25's on a hustler but havnt seen a pic,if thats true anyone have a pic????

Quote Originally Posted by srg121 View Post
    they seem a little pricey at $125 each!!...will 24" fit a hustler.i have 22" now and it seems like theres at least an inch or more all the way around.i heard someone fit 25's on a hustler but havnt seen a pic,if thats true anyone have a pic????
    srg121, you could get some really nice 25" Goodyear Rawhide III's for less half the price of 1 24" Argo tire. 6x6world member Jerseybigfoot fit 25's on his Hustler, you might want to ask him about it. I think he might have posted up some pictures of it somewhere on the forum. Those 25" Rawhide IIIs on a standard Hustler, or your Sidewinder would look great!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

wmsthree, i have an older max2 with the 24" argo tires on it, that i bought from brandon. i had the 22" rawhides on it before. my lower body must of sagged over the years and i had to heat it up and bubble it up a little so they wouldn't rub. at least to me the argo tires ride alot smoother than the rawhides. water speed is much faster, and more ground clearance. i'm pretty hard on my machine and i haven't got a flat tire yet. the boss lady doesn't mind riding with me anymore(big plus). to me they were worth every penny

What about mud performance? Here in South Arkansas we do A LOT of mud riding, that's our primary terrain. Do the Frontiers do well in mud compared to a Rawhide or Rawhide III? The water performance looks incredible, and that's important down here with all the swamps and creeks, but if it won't go in mud it won't work here.

Quote Originally Posted by wmsthree View Post
    What about mud performance? Here in South Arkansas we do A LOT of mud riding, that's our primary terrain. Do the Frontiers do well in mud compared to a Rawhide or Rawhide III? The water performance looks incredible, and that's important down here with all the swamps and creeks, but if it won't go in mud it won't work here.
    I saw the 24" Argo tires in the mud on some trail rides and the tread did get clogged up quicker in deep mud compared to many other tires out there such as the Rawhide III.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Don't you guys have the really sticky gumbo mud down there is AR?

We have that stinky grey swamp mud that you smell like for a week after the ride

+ Reply to Thread