The new Argo 24" Frontier tire

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: The new Argo 24" Frontier tire

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    I saw the 24" Argo tires in the mud on some trail rides and the tread did get clogged up quicker in deep mud compared to many other tires out there such as the Rawhide III.
    A frontier tire is so open, how could it clog. Unless you didn't spin it to clear it. A frontier can spin them into low obit. The idea of a rawhideIII not clogging up is I've spent many weekends looking at rawhides packed in Haspin Mud, if fact all kinds of tires packed on everyone's machine, where the tread pattern was unrecognizable. Just a wad of sticky clay/sand. All I can say is Jon Hoath, ex argo dealer, owned bigfoot, conquest, maxII, frontier.. and Al James, maxII, frontier, wouldn't want any other tire. John Schwab, MaxII, wants them, but not the issues of center of gravity and gearing, and $ I imagine. Or Brandon Price, lifetime max supporter, couldn't say enough good about them. I can see why people might prefer something else, but knocking the tire when you havn't driven it.. you might be too quick to judge. The ride quality alone is major.. and traction.. the way they flex and wrap, that's a lot of "suspension", more tire and rubber contact.

Well let's see. I named 3 people who've rode on rawhides and wouldn't go back, and Gregg from here with the red II, he's not going back to rawhides.. what do they know anyway. Oh they ride on argo tires.. maybe that's it.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

Yep Roger I want a set of frontier tires too! I am waiting to find a deal on them. The price is what is stopping me from getting a couple of sets. I want more water speed. The Rawhide IIIs have poor water speed for me. I'm tired of only going one way on the river.

I guess I should say, yes the tire is crap. Definitely get something better. And I will pay you $50 a tire/wheel for your takeoffs.

Good strategy! Does anyone else want to sell those junky Frontier tires?

I'll take some too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by egoperf View Post
    the water speed was not much different, I plan to put a set on my red max ii
    How much ground clearance did you lose and did this affect your abilty in mud? I wish that Carlise would make a 26" version of this tire with a 3/4 inch lug and 4 ply. With this tire I think the MaxIV would be unstopable!

It is hard to compare tires with the "he said she said," so if someone is torn between tire choices, the best way to decide would to be to go to an AATV event and drive a few machines that have different tires on them. Maybe some people who post up on the forum have had a different experience with the tires and prefer another tire combination. We all ride on different terrain and use our machines for different tasks, so for someone who wants fast water speed for crossing ponds or creeks might want their machine set up differently that someone who uses their machine more for mud bogging. There are so many different variables that come into play with AATVs and their "shoes," so like I said, try out a variety machines with different engines/tires/options, etc and see what works best for you. Just about every AATV owner is very friendly and would gladly let someone test drive their machine(s).
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Hey! the argo tranny has an advantage after all! It can spin tires roughly twice as fast as a t20

Jeff, please don't take me too personally, if you are. You guys can just say "shut the #$%@ up" when you've had enough.
    Last edited by Roger S; 02-08-2008 at 11:17 AM.

No problem at all Roger. Heck, there are some people that love the old 1 piece balloon tires more than anything in the world and they suit their needs best. Like I have said in previous posts, just get a fleet of AATV's with a different set of tires on each one.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread