Hi from New Zealand.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi from New Zealand.

Hi from New Zealand.

I'm interested in finding out if there are any other argo members in New Zealand on this forum. I live in Taranaki North Island, lots of steep country lakes rivers and mud. I have a late model Conquest with small rubbish tyres and no winch. That diddn't help much yesterday (got stuck twice). I've put up with this for two years now and are about to buy some bare claw tyres 25x12.5x8 or x9 with new rims. Hope they fit! if someone knows different please let me know.

hi paul and welcom. to the site . i don't have a concrest but a lot on here do. i think 22 1100 8 are as big as you can go . on that mechine . rock dr is running the 24 frontier tires on his and loves them . hope this helps . robbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

Hi Paul, welcome

There are a couple pics on this thread of my conquest with 24" tires, and these tires actually measure closer to 23" than 24".

Your C to C on your axles is 24", so you will need tires that are a little less than that. Keep in mind that whatever tires you get, will not be "PERFECTLY" round and will need a little room to clear each other.
    Also, if you put larger tires on, you will need to keep a close eye on your axle brngs. If they start to fail at all, tires will start to rub togeather. Change brngs at the first sign of failure.

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/argo-...-vanguard.html

Hope this helps

RD

Thanks Guys

I'LL go down town this week and get two 24" tyres fitted and see how they go. I'll let you know what happens. This site is fantastic for solving problems, I can see that i've got alot of reading to do. I used to have a gator 6X4 and put 3700 hours on the clock before it broke in half, but argos are tones more fun.

Paul ,

Welcome to the best ,and fastest growing amphibious forum on the web. You,ve sure come to the right place for imformation about your Argo.

Couldn't get 24" tyres but settled for 22X12.5X8 and they have a set of rims that I'll widen to 10" . New Zealand doesn't seem to have the assortment of tyres for Argos because they are not as popular here. At least the 8" rims will give better suspention and be lower geared.

+ Reply to Thread