Attex green machines

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attex green machines

Attex green machines

I have to admit, after seeing Don's green liquid cooled Attex Super Chief riding on 22" Goodyear Rawhide IIIs, I was hooked. I had to have a green Attex. Then I saw pics of Joe H's green Attex on 22" Rawhide IIIs and I said to myself, if I ever have the chance to get one of these machines I have to go for it! Most of my machines are already olive green but I just love that color on 6 wheelers. I ended up buying a really nice green Attex tonight and I am absolutely thrilled with it! I am going to be putting a set of 22" Rawhide IIIs that I have laying around on it and I think I am going to have to copy Don and paint the lips of the rims silver. I think I might have to copy Hydromike and opt to go for a big Kohler engine in it too. Hats off to the owners of all these green machines and all their hard work they have done to make them look this nice. The last pic is my green machine that I just bought.

[
    Last edited by jpswift1; 10-01-2007 at 08:37 PM.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Jeff, congratulations on a new machine! I can't wait to see this build up as well. And I agree that those 22" tires combined with the green color make for a mean looking ride.

Thanks, Mike! I picked it up today and I found that the body was free of any cracks or holes, it is not fadded either. The frame is really nice with just minor surface rust. Everything moves freely as it should. I got tons of looks on the ride home from Ohio today with it in the back of my truck. People stopped me and asked about it at toll boths and gas stations, I should have put some 6x6world.com stickers on it. Anyways, I will be snapping lots of detailed pics of it later this week, probably on Wednesday or Thursday. It is nice enough to leave together and just run new chains and tires, but I think it will be undergoing a frame out restoration with everything being replaced (bearings, lines, wiring, etc). It is pretty complete as well. It was missing the front removable grille piece, the rubber body band and the head and tail lights, but other than that everything is there. And another good thing is that it is not hacked up or modified from its original condition at all, except for different tires. The guy I bought it from was a really nice guy that worked on the machine correctly (no 8 track players or home made odds and ends on it) and he is happy that I am restoring it.

And speaking of green machines, I see Joe's is on ebay It will certainly make someone a great machine.

eBay Motors: RARE 1973 green Attex 295 Wild Wolf , not Argo or Max (item 320164559121 end time Oct-07-07 05:37:14 PDT)
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

That green Max IV in the picture looks pretty wicked also

Sure does! It is a tank compared to that little Attex. I have my Hustler BIG FOOT as my 4 passenger people hauler machine. I figure you have to have AT LEAST 2 utility amphibs, a big people hauler amphib, and a racer. Then again, I am one of those people who is infected with the sickness of never being able to stop buying more machines.

+ Reply to Thread