Brian's new Mudd-Ox

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brian's new Mudd-Ox

Brian's new Mudd-Ox

Here's a couple of pictures from last weekends fishing trip to Chitna. I took the Mudd-Ox to play around with, we had fun playing around on the gravel bars and crossing river braids. The fishing wasn't too bad either - 20 reds (Sockeye) and 1 king. I'm sure happy with the new toy so far.
    Attached Images

Brian in AK

Awesome picture of your Mudd Ox with the scenery in the back ground. I,m sure you,re real happy with it. Thats a nice string of Sockeye salmon you caught.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 06-11-2009 at 12:32 PM.

Cool Kool!!!!

This is what they are made for!! Really nice Pics!!

Still want a KID

That's a awesome machine,Great scenery,nice catch.Looks like everyone had fun,That's what it's all about.

Did you go down O brien trail? if so how was the rough spot? Thanks

There were a bunch of state trucks hauling gravel that way so we didn't go down there. We stayed below the bridge for the most part. This is my first amphib so I was having fun crossing the river braids anywhere I wanted, the folks on 4 wheelers and trucks had to look for shallow spots.

Could one of these outrun a charging bear?

In a word no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A charging griz can go 40 mph outrun a race horse and no aatv has a chance.

Considering the noise the hydrolics make (along with other parts) I think you would have a hard time "sneaking up" on a bear. I would guess most animals would keep their distance from these machines.

actually you would be surprised but it is quite the opposite especially with moose and caribou. If you come up on them and shut the machine off they tend to spook but if you leave it running they seem oblivious. I think they hear you coming from a long way off and become used to the noise and the change of shutting it off alerts them something is amiss. We called a large bull moose to within 16 yards away and both the Mudd-Ox and 4 wheeler were running the whole time. Bears don't have much fear of anything as they are at the top of the food chain in the wild so you never know how they are going to react.

+ Reply to Thread