24 X 24 Trans-Tec Grizzly

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 24 X 24 Trans-Tec Grizzly

24 X 24 Trans-Tec Grizzly

It's been a while since I've been here. My wife has kept me busy with a computer spreadsheet of "Honey-Do's". I am looking for any information on this unusual AUTV. Is there any info out there? Drive train and steering parts? I sure could use the help? Thank you, Metalstech

It is the same as the Bush Swamper. See this thread: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/other...ly-sv118g.html

We have a couple of brochures of the Bush Swamper on the site here: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/brand...h-swamper.html
    Last edited by Mike; 06-16-2009 at 12:45 PM.

Grizzly 24x24

I,m the proud owner of this BEAST! What an amazing feat of engineering! Lots of tires. I drove from Milwaukee,WI down to Ringgold, GA(south of Chatanooga, TN) to pick it up. I spent 2 hours getting RUSTY lugnuts off to drive it on my trailer. Tight fit even then! The Grizzly is approx. 6 1/2 feet wide and 8 1/2 feet long. It would fit in the back of a full size PU if the wheel adapters are removed. Every thing worked, except the steering/brake master cylinders are corroded. Any one else out there that knows about this machine? I really could use a parts manual or owners manual! I'll include pictures in the next post. See ya later, Metalstech

Congratulations on a rare machine. I look forward to seeing lots of pictures and video too.

I talked to the man that sold this machine the second time it was on ebay,He told me all the tires had holes in them and didn't hold air.That is the reason i didn't get it,Thats alot of tires but a cool machine.From what i can find out they where made only for the power co,Not sold directly to the public.I would try the tennesse or georgia power co.Probably chattanooga power co to see if they owned it and might still have the maintenance manuel.I know it was made in canada but i couldn't find any info.Good luck with it.

Find the repair manual?

Hey Metalstech,

Did you find the repair manual? Any pics? I need to overhaul the brakes, so any help would be appreciated, especially how to get the rotors and pads.
    Attached Images

hi im going to try and contact a guy i know that bought all the remaining parts from the bush machine company, the machine you have is a grizzly and the brakes are not the same as the bush swamper. from talking to guys that have had grizzlys the master cylinder is volkswagon. the reson why the grizzly has the extra 8 tires is for flotation because its heavier than the swamper mine will float on 16 tires but i added 8 for more stability in water. if i can reach the guy i will se if he still has manuals.

Hi
    On my Grizzly we removed the entire hydrolic brake system, and put in a friction brake system on the secondary clutches. This was done by Northern Air Cool in Sudbury about 15 years ago ond no problems since.

I have a right transmission and some steering parts if anyone is interested, I am looking for a hood and grill for an SV 118G

The company that made these machines is still in business and they have a website not pertaining to grizzlies and bush swampers but if you contact them or visit there location they are very proud of there little machines they still have most of the parts for them and the manuals you can find there phone number on there website (Bristol machine works)

+ Reply to Thread