Avenger Carb Jetting

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Avenger Carb Jetting

Avenger Carb Jetting

Hello All,

A quick question. In an old post I was told that Kohler Carb Jets are the same as Weber carb jets (see post below).

I might try swapping out my main jet for a 137 main jet. My 05 avenger blows a bit of black smoke, it is definately running rich. My dealer says that they are told if the unit is doing that to disconnect the accelorator pump and that helps. But does anyone know the part number for the Mainjet on a Kohler engine. I see Kohler won't sell just the main jets, so I guess it would be the part number for a weber 137 jet that I am looking for.

I don't like black sooty smoke when I start my machine. It stinks out the garage pretty bad.

BTW, air cleaner is clean, fuel is good, new fuel filter. 250 hours on the machine.

opps, here is the old post........

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/argo-...questions.html

Humpty Doo, Northern Territory, Australia

High altitude kit

Hi Derek,
    Is your engine the LH690 26hp? If it is there is a high altitude kit available from Kohler. It has the smaller jet you need and some gaskets to do the job all in a kit. I have fitted it to an avenger before that was running rich with good results. The part number is 24 755 125 S. Weber jets fit also, but it may be easier to buy the Kohler kit. You can hook up the accelerator pump again with the new jet installed.

Thanks,

I ordered one today and will give it a try.

Derek

+ Reply to Thread