16 HP vs. 14 HP Briggs

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 16 HP vs. 14 HP Briggs

16 HP vs. 14 HP Briggs

Hi I have two 6x6 a 1970 Terra tiger and I just bought a 14 hp maxII I have a brand new16 hp engine in the terra tiger and the guy I bought the max from said he just had the 14 hp rebuilt he had the receipt that the valve were done. I was wondering if it would be worth swapping the motors. I have a person
    who wants the terra tiger and dose not matter to him which motor is in it.
    Thank you for your help.
    Earl::
    Last edited by Earl Winder; 06-18-2009 at 05:19 PM.

hi what kind is your 16 ?????
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

My 16 hp is also a Briggs
    Thanks
    Earl

put the 16 in your max . it's easer to get more hp from and it's the same cc as a 18 / i think .. u willl more happy with the 16 in your max . robbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

Thank you for your help.
    Earl:

Quote Originally Posted by rdr View Post
    put the 16 in your max . it's easer to get more hp from and it's the same cc as a 18 / i think .. u willl more happy with the 16 in your max . robbie
    actually the 14&16 have the same displacement and the 18&20 share the same. i believe the only difference between the 14 and 16 is the carburetor.

I am not 100% but I thought the 14-16 where same, just carbs differant. I believe the 18 is bigger cc.

I was tad slower posting then bigmandengo. He's fast !!

You guys are right, the 16 and 14HP Briggs are both 480cc. The carburetor on the 16HP has a larger venturi compared to the 14HP. This information was passed along to me from a Briggs and Stratton rep. I am putting a 16HP Vanguard in my green Superchief trail machine and from what I hear they have a good amount of power especially in a smaller machine like an Attex and they are super efficient on fuel. It won't be a speedster, but you can't go wrong for a trail machine at all.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    You guys are right, the 16 and 14HP Briggs are both 480cc. The carburetor on the 16HP has a larger venturi compared to the 14HP. This information was passed along to me from a Briggs and Stratton rep. I am putting a 16HP Vanguard in my green Superchief trail machine and from what I hear they have a good amount of power especially in a smaller machine like an Attex and they are super efficient on fuel. It won't be a speedster, but you can't go wrong for a trail machine at all.
    thanks swifty / i could not rember . robbie

+ Reply to Thread