16 HP vs. 14 HP Briggs

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 16 HP vs. 14 HP Briggs

I put a 16 briggs carb on my 14 briggs today,It gave me a little more bottom end and top end power.Worked really good.

i did the carb swap also about 6 months ago and the 16 horse carburetor seems to eat the fuel opposed to the 14hp carb. The Venturi is about twice the size though.

I thought I read some post that said the cam was also a factor in that 14-16 hp difference. Am I dreaming, or does someone else remember it?
    It's all just nuts and bolts.

I've heard the cam is the same in 14 through 23 hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff t-boss View Post
    I thought I read some post that said the cam was also a factor in that 14-16 hp difference. Am I dreaming, or does someone else remember it?

I heard that as well, but like Roger said, I believe the cams are the same.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

14-16 hp

I think the cams are the same. But the goveners inside the motor are different. Some are tyflon gears and others are all metal and little heavier for the bigger horse power.

hello i would like to do that to my 14 hp briggs where can i buy the 16 hp carb from or can you give me a model number
    thanks
    mike

Quote Originally Posted by MAK0200 View Post
    hello i would like to do that to my 14 hp briggs where can i buy the 16 hp carb from or can you give me a model number
    thanks
    mike
    Ebay would be your best bet.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Along with changing the Carb, in the 14hp there are restrictors in the exhaust ports which can be removed with a pliers. I actually purchased a 14HP '94 Max II over the winter and was reading up on this just yesterday. There is a good post somewhere here on the site describing this simple conversion with pictures, but of course I cannot find it now.

Carb Model Numbers:
    14 hp - 808728 - $116
    16 hp - 844988 - $175

Found via Small Engine Parts, Top Brands of Lawn Mowers, Chainsaws, Snow Blowers, Trimmers - SEPW.com

thanks for the info

+ Reply to Thread