Mud OX

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mud OX

Mud OX

Matt Oxender is bringing a 6 and 8 wheel drive, 40 Hp, water cooled, Kolier motor ( mid engine mount ), tire heigth and tire spacing your choice. The drive system will consist of one hydrolic pump, two heavy duty, industrial wheel motors, at the front left and right of the tub, each one driving a bank of very high quality, 60 series chain, with chain dampners that need no adjustment.

Matt told me he should be ready to offer the 8 wheeler for sale at the end of Nov. 2007. All he is wating on now, is the final design for the top of the tub. He also told me that he will frist come out with an 8 wheeler, then a 6 wheeler in the spring of 2008.

This amphib he tells me, will run 40 mph, and be able to pull 2,500 pds at 20 mph. It is not loud like most hydrolic amphibs for sale.

I was told that John Swab has a Bandlands video ( # 23 ) an hr and 30 minutes long, and with 30 minutes of the proto type, Mud Ox in action.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 09-30-2007 at 05:31 PM.

Roger,

I,ve seen you on a few of John Swab,s amphib video,s. I was wondering if you had seen Matt Oxender,s proto Mud Ox in action? If so,,what was your impression of it? Inquiring minds want to know.

Oh yeah, I know all about it. Wha'dya want to know? Actually I don't know what the final product is, plus we've all held our tongues this long.. it's Matt's baby and I'll let him bring it into this world.

Roger

I,ve talked a couple of times on the phone with Matt already,,so I already know quite a bit about the new amphib Matt plans to bring to the amphibious market. The questions I realy would like to ask you is this:

Since you were at the Bad Lands run, that Jon Holt,John Schwab,Matt Oxender,and who ever was in the Max II that fliped over,,you got to see Matts proto type Mud OX in action. How would you rate its amphibious performance, compared to Jons new Fronteer?

Did the ability to counter rotate each side of wheels, independently from the other side,,have that much of an advantage, in most of the trail situations at the Bad Lands?

Dave, The "Mudd-Ox" that made a brief appearance on the Badlands video was not really a prototype. It was a platform to test driveline components. I was able to drive his nearly complete machine last month and it will run circles around anything out there by far. As Roger said we will let Matt do the talking for his final product when it is ready, but I can say everyone will be impressed.

[QUOTE ] The "Mudd-Ox" that made a brief appearance on the Badlands video was not really a prototype. It was a platform to test driveline components. I was able to drive his nearly complete machine last month and it will run circles around anything out there by far. As Roger said we will let Matt do the talking for his final product when it is ready, but I can say everyone will be impressed.

johnschwab ,

John , I really enjoyed your latest amphib video , at Haspin Acreas. It was a great video ,and the Mud OX is one very impressive amphib for sure !. I can,t wait to see the finished Mud OX , with the upper tub finally in place . I,m really interested in a 6x6 Mud OX in the future .

I actually saw the machine in action at the Humphrey, NY ride and it was totally unstoppable! It crawled through the deepest mud holes and over the biggest obstacles that you could imagine, Hydromike and I were cruising down a flat trail next to each other at about 25mph and Matt passed us at about 30mph. It was quick for such a big machine and it handled very well. Its a great machine and seeing it in person was really quite the experience!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Oh, the stories I could tell about Matt and his machine during it's development. The last escapade I heard about from John Schwab just about tops them all.

Maybe Matt will relate them some day. Gotta respect a guy that builds his own.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

+ Reply to Thread