The Gaganator Project

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gaganator Project

Beeman,

Good luck on the project!

I have to know who was the woman in the video that said "don't you guys have anything better to do?"

Of course the response is "no working on my aatv is the best thing i can think of to do"

Oh yes! I can't wait to see the progress and I know you are pumped to get back working on it again.

I have to know who was the woman in the video that said "don't you guys have anything better to do?"

Of course the response is "no working on my aatv is the best thing i can think of to do"
    The woman was a lady living in the upstairs side of the complex that I was renting at the time. Needless to say shortly after, me and my roommates got evicted.. something to do with loud noises and beer drinking... hmmmm....

As you can see.. I got right into the thick of things and started on the diff frame. She's alive!!! ALIVE!!!
    Last edited by Mike; 01-01-2008 at 05:35 AM.

beeman, this thing is awesome! I never realized the actual size of this beast until I saw these pictures! Have you decided what you're going to use for rims and tires on it? By the way, that is quite the shop you have there.
    Last edited by jpswift1; 11-12-2007 at 09:05 PM.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Considering these tires:

unsure about the rims right now.. some will need a "special touch".

As for the shop.. It is quite a nice place. Although I helped build it, it is unfortunatly not mine. My bother-in-law is the major beekeeper around here... I'm just a small time op :P (my garage is still needing to be built). But It'll be a nice place to work on the gag.

Beeman,

What size Gator , ATV tires do you plan on using on your 8-wheel project? I have a set of six hardly used 26 , inch Gators , size 12 x 12 , that I,ll make you a good deal on .
    Last edited by mudbug3; 11-14-2007 at 02:47 AM.

Mudbug,

The largest I can go is 25... otherwise I'd totally be in

Cheers,

Beeman

Not much more, but I put the diff jig onto the CV axles to see how everything worked out... Looks like I'll need to shave some metal around the frame where the axles come up. I'll have to think about this one a little... don't want to weaken the structure.

Last edited by Mike; 01-01-2008 at 05:32 AM.

[quote=beeman;5440]Not much more, but I put the diff jig onto the CV axles to see how everything worked out... Looks like I'll need to shave some metal around the frame where the axles come up. I'll have to think about this one a little... don't want to weaken the structure.
    [quote]

Hey Beeman
    I've been silentyl watching this project. I can't be silent anymore, now it's starting to look like something.I like the ground clearence your gonna have. How much do you think? Will those CV's handle that angle? Looks pretty steep.What kind of plans do you have for a tub, if any? Keep up the good work, we're watching you.
    Whipper
    Last edited by Mike; 01-01-2008 at 05:31 AM.

I had a problem somthing like the clearance issue you are having. I would cut a notch out of the frame, use a peice of angle iron inverted into the frame tube, and use sheet steel to cap the ends of the angle. Using a peice of 1" angle would gain you 1/2" clearance. Just my 2cents!

BTW: That's gonna be one killer machine!
    Jeff
    02 Argo Bigfoot

I never get lost : I take expeditions!
    I'm guided by the Magic 8 Ball.

+ Reply to Thread