Wipper,

as for the CV axle angle, I have done some research and it looks like the max might be 45deg. To me this seems a little steep... and of course, it depends on the build. 25degs is another max I've heard (I've also heard of a 90deg CV joint )... so, basically, I'll take it as it comes.. if it's too steep, I'll lower it, if it works.. It'll keep it in place. The animated gif looks like a good 45.. but mine arn't built like that (I've got three rollers and the rollers are locked in place). Meh.. design - no matter how hard you try to make it real often comes to somesort of rig job to make it work (just a little less riggin :P).

As for the clearance, I've got about 10" right now in the center- but that's on blocks.. so maybe minus an inch or two under load (and softer springs), plus 2" from 25" tires.... probably comes to exactly how it sits now... around 10"

I have thought about tub design, and the basics are as the beginning drawings... but I plan to add more "anger" into the look, maybe with an air intake... and a nice grill. The lights I am thinking to try and incorporate a hot rod style (free standing)... but unsure... I'll probably throw up a couple new designs of the look in a couple weeks.

Greasemonkey,

Yeah... I think that's the only way to go. I might add a hoop of round tubing to the top to counter the cut... just to be on the safe side (probably small and bolted on so I can get the axles out in a change).

Thanks for the input guys... I hope to have more progress in the near future.