tire delima

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tire delima

tire delima

ok so i got ITP mudlites for my maxII and found out the hard way they dont swim so now i want tires that do so before i buy anymore i figured ill ask on here first i was looking at cheng shin lumberjack tire do you think these will swim rather than being a sitting duck
    Attached Images
    l___>
    what good is it if it dont float

Hydromike had the Lumberjack tires on his Attex. They don't swim, but they do ride well and offer good traction. There is a picture of his machine with Joe H's green Attex in a creek at Ledges and he had to get pushed back to shore because the tires wouldn't swim. I can't seem to find the picture though.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

tire dilema?

i think your tires swim good enough not to worry about it i mean after all how much time are you going to spend in deep water vs mud
    1996 MAX IV ,KUBOTA DIESEL
    MAX II 30HP Bandolero

Mud lites

I have tried mud lites on my Max II, mounted backward of the convertional way (the way anphib. tires are mounted). I found that they only move the Max when it is at at an idle or just above an idle, and they go at at a steady crawling speed. Any more throttle and they stand still or start to move sideways.
    I did not try reversing the tires, but the Max didn't seem any better in reverse. Which way did you have them mounted?
    "How deep of water does it float in?"

Quote Originally Posted by Hey_Dan View Post
    I have tried mud lites on my Max II, mounted backward of the convertional way (the way anphib. tires are mounted). I found that they only move the Max when it is at at an idle or just above an idle, and they go at at a steady crawling speed. Any more throttle and they stand still or start to move sideways.
    I did not try reversing the tires, but the Max didn't seem any better in reverse. Which way did you have them mounted?
    i had my tires backward the same way you had them i didnt try idle speed i was going full throttle im going to try putting the tires on the right way (the direction they are supposta be) and try that for now if its a still no go im getting something else
    l___>
    what good is it if it dont float

+ Reply to Thread