Terra Tiger info?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Terra Tiger info?

Terra Tiger info?

looking for anyone with info about the AC Terra Tiger. i just got one. not sure of the year. or how to make repairs/ adjustments. it runs great, drives, steers, and stops well. this weekend we are going to see how it swims. i'd like any help/ info you guys have to keep this thing working well.

I have some old Popular Science issues with the Terra Tiger test drives in it. I can give you the specs listed in there.

Dry Weight: 400lbs
    Length: 86"
    Width: 54"
    Ground Clearannce: 5.37"
    Braking: Disk
    Engine: 2 stroke, JLO
    HP: 10.1
    Max Land Speed: 25mph
    Max Water Speed: 4mph
    Range on Land: 5-6 hours
    Price: $1,425

I also think that the drive works on cone clutches. Hope this info helps.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

thanks for the info. you seem to be the only person on here who responds with knowledge on the terra tigers. do you have one?

Brian, I think if you ask for some more specific info someone else may jump in. What kind of repairs/adjustments are you wanting to make? I think by the sound of it your machine is in great shape so if you need to know how to do a specific thing just ask but as long as it is operating correctly I wouldn't worry about repairs or adjustments just yet. That will come with time

As for the maintenance, of course check for proper fluid levels in the engine and trans, keep the chains oiled and at the proper tension, keep debris out of the tub, watch your tire air pressure, and you should be good to go.

Also, I see that you are in NC. Where are you located? If you are close by (kings mountain, nc) and want to get out on the trails let me know.

>>as for the maintenance, of course check for proper fluid levels in the engine >>and trans,

If the 'Tiger is all original with the two stroke engine, you can wipe the two above maintenance items from the list. Like Jeff says, the 'Tiger uses a dry cone clutch setup, and the engine doesn't take oil in the crankcase. But, like Mike says, keep it clean and all the bolts tight and the chains adjusted/oiled and you'll be in good shape. Specific problems will bring specific solutions, but the above general maintenance suggestions are a perfect start. I find that preventative maintenance also involves really LOOKING for problems. To see if any bearings are starting to go (common on older machines), brace the whole machine up in the air, and start spinning tires and checking for strange noises or loose components. No one really likes LOOKING for problems, but if you find them yourself and fix them before they get serious, chances are they won't surprise you on the trail.

~m

thanks for the reply's. i put it up on blocks last night and did much of that stuff. the guy i bought it from replaced all bearings and chains, clutches, and the belt. the engine is a rotax out of an ols ski-doo. 2 stroke so no lube there or in the trans. how much tension should there be on the chains? thanks for the info. i'll post pictures when i get some

mike, meant to include this in my last post. i'm in Statesville NC (40 mi north of charlotte). i'd love to hit the trails sometime. i need to shake this machine down... so far i've just torn up the yard with it!! are there any events/ group rides in the area? i'd like to meet some people and see some other machines.
    thanks again

Mike, I'm glad you stepped in there. I've only owned a Max and sometimes I forget that other machines have different transmissions and those smoky engines

Racerone, there aren't any rides in this area YET! However there is another guy on here (McCroy) that has an Argo about 15 miles from me. We have talked about going riding but our schedules have always conflicted. I will send you a PM and we can talk some more about heading out one day.

+ Reply to Thread