2005 argo bigfoot- help

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2005 argo bigfoot- help

Lightbulb 2005 argo bigfoot- help

I just bought a second hand 2005 argo Bigfoot. It keeps pulling to the left. The brake on the left gets hot and sticks on. I have to wait for it to cool down before it can work again. Please give me advise on what to do.

Thanks

Roland Meadus

Did you try to bleed your brakes.

yes i did i bleed both and it didn't make any difference.
    thank you

you may have a brake pad dragging, the master cylinders actuating rod may be over adjusted, or the caliper pistons sticking. If you have some slack when you pull on the brake lateral the problem is probably a caliper piston hanging. The calipers are easy to remove to check. If you don't have a parts manual call Argo they can help you out.

someone might have pot dot 3 fluid instead of dot 5 i think. my friends did the same thing. when it got hot the breaks looked up and he had to let them cool down. just a though.
    support your local search and rescue unit and get lost.

I took off both caliber .I used a c clamp to push the piston in then i pump out the piston again . I tried this a flew time it didn't look like there was any trouble with this.I put it back together clean up the caliber everything was the same
    thank you
    rmeadus

Confirm that the master cylinder plunger is returning all the way. if the plunger gets hung up the caliper pistons will not be allowed to relax fully.

Is your fan on,,,Blowing on your Brakes,,,,make sure the hose is hooked up and blowing on them also( Just a thought,,I found my blower hose off/disconnected).

Look into the Idler shaft bearings, on that side,,,(and all of them),,, also give the Idler chains a wiggle, with the brakes off,,,the brakes hold the disk from flopping if there is a tranny/bearing problem,,,Just what I have run into on my 2000 BigFoot !,,,,,AHHHHH into the Belly of the Beast,,,have plenty of rags,,,,one Greasy place to play,,,LOL.

PS,,, WD-40 works great as a hand cleaner !! Use it all the time cuts the grease quick,,,easy on the skin !!

Quote Originally Posted by roland meadus View Post
    I took off both caliber .I used a c clamp to push the piston in then i pump out the piston again . I tried this a flew time it didn't look like there was any trouble with this.I put it back together clean up the caliber everything was the same
    thank you
    rmeadus

Ok then i would have a look at the master, take your firewall cover off and remove the push pin so you can take the rubber boot off that covers the plunger, then reinstall the push pin and pull down on the lever,return it up and see what the plunger is doing, try it a few times and if the plunger does not follow the push pin you may have a bad spring in the master cylinder, but i would buy the rebulid kit, they are cheap and would make sure nothin else was bad was reinstalled

'99 Conquest 104hp turbocharged intercooled EFI Chevy Sprint conversion
    "Argo 8x8's only" type of guy
    "old school Argo expert"

+ Reply to Thread