amphicar

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: amphicar

Talking amphicar

so anyway last weekend i sold one of my motorcycles and the guy who bought it came to pick it up and i was showing my 6wheelers to him and we started talking about this car he has called an amphicar ive only seen pictures of them and seen them on youtube. So he asked me if i wanted to see it and i followed him to his house we got their and he pulles this car out of the garage and asked me if i wanted to go for a ride so we drove over to the boat launch at the susquehanna river and he drove the car right into the river let me tell you that was a wierd feeling driving a car right into a river. It has two propellers on the rear with a 4 cylinder engine. the biggest suprise was when he let me drive the car around. So i figured it was only right to let him drive my maxII. He also told me their is only 150 left in the united states
    l___>
    what good is it if it dont float

There is one around here. I saw it in the 4th of July parade in Schoolcraft MI. the other day. Ive also seen it before at local car show. Pretty neat ride for sure. I would be just tickled to go for a ride in one.

Very cool! I only saw one up close at a car show when I was a little kid. I can't imagine driving one down the boat launch. That must have been quite the experience!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 06chops View Post
    so anyway last weekend i sold one of my motorcycles and the guy who bought it came to pick it up and i was showing my 6wheelers to him and we started talking about this car he has called an amphicar ive only seen pictures of them and seen them on youtube. So he asked me if i wanted to see it and i followed him to his house we got their and he pulles this car out of the garage and asked me if i wanted to go for a ride so we drove over to the boat launch at the susquehanna river and he drove the car right into the river let me tell you that was a wierd feeling driving a car right into a river. It has two propellers on the rear with a 4 cylinder engine. the biggest suprise was when he let me drive the car around. So i figured it was only right to let him drive my maxII. He also told me their is only 150 left in the united states
    What a good time that must have been!!

A friend of my dads has one.....its a riot. Its fun to take it out on the lake when its busy (and calm) to watch everyones reaction to it. He was at my house with it a few years back......here are some pics....

That is realy cool. I have never seen one of those.

Tango42,

I can only imagine the look on people,s faces as they see your friend drive his Amphicar down the boat ramp , and straight into the lake. All the while laughing behind his back and thinking that his car will soon sink out of sight , but then totally amazed as it propells itself across the water.

+ Reply to Thread