Tracks for an Amphicat?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tracks for an Amphicat?

I have a 1970 amphicat thats nearly restored. new motor,chains,seat,tranny gone thru,new style wheels and tires.im looking forward to winter ,so i can get it on the ice and try it out in the snow. i guess my big question is ,do they make a set of tracks for this machine, and where would i find them.
    Last edited by Mike; 10-02-2007 at 10:26 PM.

Mike, I copied your post here so everybody would see it.

I have seen an amphicat for sale with tracks here: 70's era Amphicat 6-Wheeler - Catfish1.com so I assume you could get them for it but that's all I know. I'm sure someone else here knows more about them and can help more than me.

Sscargo Tracks

Also a link to their website:
    Escargo Tracks

Yes, Amphicat had tracks. They are made to fit over the balloon tires. I have a set. They are chain and rubber type tracks. I have never used them, so I don't know how they perform.

Here's a pic of the Amphicat "soft tracks". They're just like liflod says: chain and rubber (conveyer belt). I have a set, too- but haven't used them yet.

Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

+ Reply to Thread