6X6 visits the Caribbean

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 6X6 visits the Caribbean

6X6 visits the Caribbean

I decided to take 6X6 with me on a trip for work recently. I fly a corporate jet out of Washington D.C. Dulles and thought it would be a good opportunity for 6X6 to put on some serious miles. We had parked our aircraft in San Juan while the owner vacationed. 6X6 journey begins with an airline flight to San Juan

Early morning in Northern Va:

Parking at our home FBO (fixed base operator) this is where we hangar the aircraft get fuel do maintenance etc:

Hanging out in the boarding area for Jet Blue:

We arrive in San Juan and start getting the Jet ready for departure. The airplane is a 900EX and is built by Dassault a French manufacturer:

Next to the FBO in San Juan there is a freight operator that flies old DC3s. They have a few airframes that they use for parts:

We take off from San Juan and head to the Island of Nevis to pick up the passengers:

We are arrive in Nevis and are greeted by our handler and ramp agent Omel and Calif. We've worked with them for years and they are like family:

Latitude: 17°12'17.66"N
    Longitude: 62°35'29.82"W

A shot at the welcome sign. You can see our aircraft in the reflection:

I tried to take a picture of 6X6 with the sun setting in the back ground. unfortunatly a gust of wind rolled him off the wing while I was snapping the picture:

Hmm damage to the left rear corner of an amphib I borrowed. I'm starting to see a pattern what do you think Don?

Just a couple pictures from around the house

Gabbie the french Brittany she's a bird hunting machine:

My garage and a parting shot of 6X6 off to another member

Mike
    Last edited by Mike; 05-03-2010 at 10:33 PM.
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

Awesome job Mike! Those are some great pictures. You and the Kinyons have set the bar high.

Do you happen to know how many miles you traveled total? I will add that to the record.

What a great idea!!!

Matt

That rig is already more wordly than I am.
    Banned

Way cool! Nice pics Mike

(but if you keep this up, it's going to hard for you to borrow machines!)

Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Awesome job Mike! Those are some great pictures. You and the Kinyons have set the bar high.

Do you happen to know how many miles you traveled total? I will add that to the record.
    Total Miles traveled 3631
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

+ Reply to Thread