honda 24hp gx670 dumps oil in carb

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: honda 24hp gx670 dumps oil in carb

honda 24hp gx670 dumps oil in carb

heys guys i have a max4.i just put a next to new honda 24hp gx670 in it,i just put a new low psi fuel pump in it,the problem is when it is running about 2 min,it starts dumping oil in the carb any ideas

How is oil getting to the carb? through the air filter? as in the crankcase vent tube? is the engine new new or just new to you? cause major blow by could cause it or a bad splash screen in the crank case that the vent tube attaches too could cause it as well
    '99 Conquest 104hp turbocharged intercooled EFI Chevy Sprint conversion
    "Argo 8x8's only" type of guy
    "old school Argo expert"

oil carb

the motor has less than 20 hours on it.it comes through the vent in the case,the oil level was fine just on the full line,i cleaned the plugs and cleaned all the oil up,started it and it did it again,would the full pump do anything to do this,after the second time the oil level was way to high,thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scramblerjohn View Post
    the motor has less than 20 hours on it.it comes through the vent in the case,the oil level was fine just on the full line,i cleaned the plugs and cleaned all the oil up,started it and it did it again,would the full pump do anything to do this,after the second time the oil level was way to high,thanks
    It does sound like maybe its pumping gas into the crank, could you rig a gravity feed tank on for testing?
    Is the pump electric? You maybe able to see if you take the air cleaner off and look with the pump running and engine off.

Maybe the floats stuck? Does it run OK? Is there a lot of black smoke?

oil

runs great,i just replaced the old electric one with a new one,it has the stock pump,but it would not pump gas to the motor,the oil doesnt smell like gas....

I think you were on the right track with the crankcase breather. I'm not too familiar with the Hondas, but if their breathers are anything like Briggs, they are like a two-way check valve. If something gets caught in the way, or the spring breaks or is weak, the valve don't seat, causing your problem. Also, can/did you do a cylinder leakdown test? You may have good compression, but the leakdown test will check for blow-by.
    It's all just nuts and bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by scramblerjohn View Post
    ..........after the second time the oil level was way to high,thanks
    If your oil level is rising, you're definately pumping "something" into the crank case. One of the members (sorry folks, I'm slow at remembering names) mentioned setting up a gravity feed tank. (for testing) Try this and see if it cures the problem. If it does, re-evaluate the fuel pump.
    It's all just nuts and bolts.

gx670

i changed the oil,and disconected the fuel pump runs good,the pump is 3-5 psi can i run this pump,mu old pump was 4-7 psi

Does your original pump have a bypass or return line so you don't overfill the carb? I'm not familiar with that engine.Maybe a couple of extra psi may be too much.

+ Reply to Thread