Oh160 Carburetor replacement

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Oh160 Carburetor replacement

The top one is the low speed idle and the lower is the high speed jet. Turn them out one at a time until the engine stumbles then turn them in till the engine stumbles, one at a time, and some where in the middle should be good.If it is idleing fine and the throttle is responsive, with no high speed stumble,DON'T TOUCH THE D--- THING. Leave well enough alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Heaven's Pavement View Post
    The brown box of happyness showed up today 1 new carb, fuel shut off and chain helper.
    Carbs on and it runs even better than b4!!!(ran ok b4).
    Now I now nothing about these things(carbs).
    There are 2 screws that I circled in red, what does each do.
    I searched and searched and found nothing.
    I turned the one closest to the engine block about 1/2 turn out, made it smooth out a little, but like I said I don't know what I'm doing.
    how much was that carb? i need a carb because one of the float mounts for the float pin broke on my carb so i need a body or a complete carb.

thanks could you post a link to where you got it from also?

Best way to adjust the high speed is under a load. I havent figured out how to do it yet on a 6x6, lol. But when I was younger I had a Tecumseh 3.5hp on a rupp minibike. I would hold it back with my feet and messed with the screw until it pulled the most at WOT. The idle screw I always just played with until it ran good. I read the correct way is to turn it until it revs high. Then adjust the idle with the throttle limiter or idle speed control, do it again if needed.
    Also on the older dirty carbs, the coolest trick I have done is to rev the bee jesus out of it and cover the intake until it almost dies. It will run funny for a second and clear out and do it again a few times. This choking of the engine creates a vacuum that can sometimes clear away any junk in the carb.

Quote Originally Posted by Heaven's Pavement View Post
    The brown box of happyness showed up today 1 new carb, fuel shut off and chain helper.
    Carbs on and it runs even better than b4!!!(ran ok b4).
    Now I now nothing about these things(carbs).
    There are 2 screws that I circled in red, what does each do.
    I searched and searched and found nothing.
    I turned the one closest to the engine block about 1/2 turn out, made it smooth out a little, but like I said I don't know what I'm doing.
    Should be your air and gas adjustment screws!

+ Reply to Thread