Sperry Rand Tricart

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Sperry Rand Tricart

Tires

Just a thought guys, if you can not find the correct tires have you thought about running tandems? I have seen the Max machines with this configuration before in a video. It would not be original but it would get the tires to the desired width. Like the Sperry racer at Ashtabula, just close up the gap.

Just a thought
    Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by lewis View Post
    Just a thought guys, if you can not find the correct tires have you thought about running tandems? I have seen the Max machines with this configuration before in a video. It would not be original but it would get the tires to the desired width. Like the Sperry racer at Ashtabula, just close up the gap.

Just a thought
    Lewis
    I thought about duals, but I'm not that desperate yet. At this point I think I have usable tires. If I came across a set of better ones, I'd certainly consider them. Right now I'd be happy if I could find tubes that would work. I'm trying to keep these units pretty much stock.

SPD Tricart X5
    SPD Tricart
    SPD Tricub
    SPD Minicub
    SPD Wedge 295

Quote Originally Posted by wildman View Post
    Joe M, Any chance that you have a seat cushion for your Tricart? I have the seat shell but not the cushion. I figured that I could probably get some upholstery shop to make me a cushion using the photo from the literature (below), but it would be easier if they had a pattern to use.
    Attachment 3295
    Sorry, don't have the seat cushion.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe M View Post
    Sorry, don't have the seat cushion.
    Yeah, no surprise. I have never seen a seat cushion in person... only photos. The guy recently trying to sell 2 Wedges and a Tricart on eBay claimed his Tricart had one. According to him, it's the same cushion as the Wedge, so I'm still hopeful that I'll eventually come across one to use as a pattern.
    Sperry Rand Tricart ATV Collection!!!:eBay Motors (item 140332310717 end time Jul-14-09 18:56:57 PDT)
    Last edited by wildman; 07-19-2009 at 06:44 PM.

SPD Tricart X5
    SPD Tricart
    SPD Tricub
    SPD Minicub
    SPD Wedge 295

I have a seat cushion and a Wedge to go with it My seat cover is complete, but I could use another if you're going to get them made. The guy with the other seat cushion has one heck of a nice Tricart. I have some pictures of it on my other computer.

Tricart brakes

Ok, here's my 1st (of many) Tricart parts challenge. Below attached photos are of my Tricart brake caliper. One of the pad backings is broken. (Not a great design, since exact same failure on my other Tricart ) Does anybody recognize this caliper from any other vehicle? or know of a source for parts? The broken part is marked with "K H" inside of a diamond outline. I'm guessing that KH is probably Kelsey-Hayes. I've found a more modern caliper assembly used on go karts that looks like it will fit and work with little or no modification, but I'd really like to keep this trike as close to original as possible.

Thanks.
    Attached Images

SPD Tricart X5
    SPD Tricart
    SPD Tricub
    SPD Minicub
    SPD Wedge 295

Quote Originally Posted by wildman View Post
    Ok, here's my 1st (of many) Tricart parts challenge. Below attached photos are of my Tricart brake caliper. One of the pad backings is broken. (Not a great design, since exact same failure on my other Tricart ) Does anybody recognize this caliper from any other vehicle? or know of a source for parts? The broken part is marked with "K H" inside of a diamond outline. I'm guessing that KH is probably Kelsey-Hayes. I've found a more modern caliper assembly used on go karts that looks like it will fit and work with little or no modification, but I'd really like to keep this trike as close to original as possible.

Thanks.

One that I can think of offhand is the Sur-Trek. They used this same caliper I believe, or something close to it. There was one of those calipers on ebay a while back. Unfortunately those machines aren't very common. I've seen them on other AATVs too, but I'm not 100% sure which ones offhand. This might be a shot in the dark, but I believe the early Argos and the early Hustlers might have used that same caliper. Send a message to 6x6world member micmac and see if his Hustler had that caliper on it.
    Last edited by jpswift1; 07-23-2009 at 11:43 AM.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Smile brake me.

I've seen them on old Argo's

Long shot but Idea......maybe some old sled of some sort I bet you could find some forum on vintage sleds to ask them guys?

Thanks for the tips, guys. I'll keep you posted.

SPD Tricart X5
    SPD Tricart
    SPD Tricub
    SPD Minicub
    SPD Wedge 295

+ Reply to Thread