The Hoot

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Hoot

The Hoot

Here's an AATV that looks interesting. It adds suspension into the seat and rides like an ATV.

Hoot ETV

That is pretty neat. It's like a four wheeler meets a jet ski that meets a 6 wheeler. Check out the video: http://www.knoxoutdoorproducts.com/v...otionalWMP.wmv

The Hoot

The Hoot looks like a great concept for an amphib. Enclosed body made of fiber glass that is sealed both top and bottom with rubber seals ( I assume ) to keep the "drive belts" dry, and prevent sllppage from water.

Its unique drive system totally eliminates the need for a conventional skid steer transmission, in fact, it does not have one! A lot less weight too. PSI matters a lot in the mud. It can pull up to 1,000 pds too. This all from a 15 hp machine! impressive!

I think the saleman told me that the Hoot has a swing arm on each side of the inner body. The swing arms on either side each have a drive pully attached to the end of it. I would assume that each drive pully powers a belt to a jack shaft. On either side of the jack shaft, is a 50 series sprocket. This gives power to the 50 series chain that drives each bank of wheels on the left of right.

When making a slight turn, the belt on the side of the turn does not completely lock up, so you still have all six wheels driving.

I really like the suspended seat ,rear box and handle bar steering too. Imagine this same amphib with a 25 hp Kolier motor and 27 inch Swamp Fox Plus tires, for even more ground clearance. We know the Swamp Fox PLus tires swim, but they mud even better.

The Hoot salemen told me in the near future they are coming out with a two seat Hoot, that will have 25 inch Raw hides on it, but the same size motor. This is because of the limited space now to put a larger size motor in it.

I talked to one of the Hoot salesmen on the phone, and he told me you can change out the belts in about 10-15 minutes. They are also easier to adjust than chains on an Argo or Max. But think about to cost to replace two belts
    as opposed to replacing chains.

I asked the Hoot salesmen why they did come with a larger motor to start with, and he told me most people want enconomy whey it comes to an amphib. He also told me that the 15 hp in now, is suffient enough for most people.

The only negative I found out was the price. I think the salesman quoted me $8,995 How much so then, for the 2 seat hoot with the 25 inch raw hides, that will later come out ?

Its nice,but not that nice For the price of a Hoot , add a litte bit more, and you can buy a Max IV or an Argo that will hold 4-6 people and not just one!

With a Max IV you have the choice of 26-27 inch tires and with an Argo, 25 inch tires, plus bigger motor to boot!

On the flip side,,the Hoot is lighter in weight than a Max or an Argo, so it can easily be lifted out of a stuck mud situation I can,t do that with my Max IV
    Last edited by mudbug3; 09-18-2007 at 02:06 PM.

I´m not sure but as far as i understand it the Hoot has chains to connect each axle. The three drivebelts seem to work like they did in the Struck 6 wheeler as transmission. I think i have a picture from the inside but i have to search for it.

+ Reply to Thread