$75 Attex ST300D

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: $75 Attex ST300D

$75 Attex ST300D

Well I went and looked at an attex last night, go pick it up fri after work. Here are the pics I have, didnt get a pic of the trans as it was in the back of a semi trailer and was to dar for the phone. No motor, tires and ?
    This will be my first experiance with a 6x6 so me and the boys should have fun getting it going. Good think I am a fair fabricator and scrounger, looks like alot of work.

So tell me what you all think!
    Cave Trolls Rule!

Looks like you got your work cut out for you. Have fun

Cool Lots of luck

It will take time and patience for this machine, but you can do it. It's is fun to work through these projects. Just don't get discouraged. There are a lot of great people that will help with parts and info. Keep us posted as to the progress on the machine.

Looks like the first thing is a frame How are the corners of the Tub?

Frame- thats where the scrounger and fabber comes in, lots of rust, but I think there is enough there to atleast get dimensions if I cant fix it to build a new one.

Tub corners-Looks ok on the front, were there supposed to be metal caps on the rear? There are the remnants of some.

Hope to have more pics fri nite.
    Cave Trolls Rule!

Smile Attex

I think you'll like it very much. there are parts all over the place for that attex

Very good starter. I love those first generation attexes. Simple and very affective with a good set of tires. Put a little time into that machine and you could easily get it as good as new.

Good starter but not necessarily a "just a beginner machine" Good starter may not be correct way to put it but you know what I mean.
    Last edited by LarryW; 07-30-2009 at 06:26 PM.

Wow

Birddog you are one ambitious person with great vision! Wow........and I thought I was a glutton for punishment!! No seriously; I am one that finds a great deal of pleasure in restoration work. There is something very rewarding about taking an object that is in poor condition and bringing it back to life. You've come to the right place to share in this experience. There are many here that have already done what your about to start and gladly advise you from their experience how to do it. Good luck on your project and keep us posted as you go!
    Toyman's AATV Toys;

Max IV
    Project Muscateer (trans. rebuild)
    Previously owned AATVs; Terra Tiger, pair of MaxIIs and Attex 450 Tomahawk, Hustler

Me and the boys get it tonite, they are stoked! More pics tomorow, and MANY questions to follow. Thanks guys!
    Cave Trolls Rule!

Tub corners

From what i have read the corner protectors were an accessory item. I would like to find some. These are no longer made. They kept the corners protected being that the ABS is not as strong on the corners. This is what i have read from this post. They can be fabed in a two piece design and still be effective, and it seems that you can weld.

Another item and the Attex guru's can chime in on this one. At the Astabula race JP Swift found that the 1st generation Attex bodies are 2 inches narrower than the later bodies. Also the polly bodies are a different dimension that the ABS. Others may want to also help with any info on this as far as why. This may help as far as when you are getting a frame. Don(site name) may have a frame that fits and in good shape. The 1st generation frames seems to be a little more fragile than the later frames also. This might speed things up.

I am a beginner also and this is what i have picked up just from the members, these guys know their stuff on these machines.

There is a lot to learn concerning these machines. Good luck, we race again next year hope to see you on the track, if it is to be a racer.

I dont intend to build it as a racer, just want to use it for trails, hunting, fishing, etc. But I do have racing in my blood. Was Late Model rookie of the year in 2007 and 4th in points at Midway Speedway. Selling the car though, but would like to get into buggy racing. Now if they have a stock class or semi stock class, racing could be an option.
    Cave Trolls Rule!

+ Reply to Thread