$75 Attex ST300D

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: $75 Attex ST300D

Can I use lawn tractor rims and tires as a cheap way to get it rolling? Seams very similar to a lawn tractor I worked on. back out to work on it.
    Cave Trolls Rule!

Cheap rims would be golf cart 4 lug 4" bolt circle. There easy to find used thanks to golf carts and there owners swapping for bigger aluminum wheel. The rims are also cheap new at tractor supply and such. For the tires lawnmower style would work good for a cruizer or testing if you have some laying around but it wont do well at all off road or in water of coarse. If your buying new ones might as well get some that will work good.

Well frame is out, needs all new bearings, new chain rear frame crossmember and inside rails front to back.
    As far as tires, if I can get it going on used ones thats ok. Did I mention that I have an AWSOME tire grooving machine? One of the ones that is adjustable impulse style so heat is instant only when grooving.

Would this work as an outer bearing?
    McMaster-Carr
    If not where do I get the outers?
    Last edited by birddog1148; 08-01-2009 at 09:36 PM.
    Cave Trolls Rule!

Best bet is to use your own flanges if there good. Its hard to see what bearing style you have there are a few. Some bearing inserts are radial outside edge and the other style has internernal snap ring. Take one out and measure the inside outside and width and shop around. Jeffpswift1 found a place I havent tried yet called buffalo bearing. I have heard multiple members say how happy they where with a good quality bearing at a great price.

Partial quote from a post with Jpswift1 "Call Buffalo Bearing and tell them Jeff with the 6 wheelers sent you and they'll take good care of you. You can reach them at (716) 874-1720."

Frame out

Cave Trolls Rule!

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    Best bet is to use your own flanges if there good. Its hard to see what bearing style you have there are a few. Some bearing inserts are radial outside edge and the other style has internernal snap ring. Take one out and measure the inside outside and width and shop around. Jeffpswift1 found a place I havent tried yet called buffalo bearing. I have heard multiple members say how happy they where with a good quality bearing at a great price.

Partial quote from a post with Jpswift1 "Call Buffalo Bearing and tell them Jeff with the 6 wheelers sent you and they'll take good care of you. You can reach them at (716) 874-1720."

LarryW is the man when it comes to knowledge about first generation Attexes, so if you listen to his advice you won't go wrong. I believe there were 3 different axle diameters used in the first generation machines. The early 208TT had a 3/4" axle, and then some models had 7/8" axles and some had 1" axles. As Larry said, take some calipers and measure the axle diameter and let us know what you find out. I might be able to get some part numbers from the bearings that I got for my first generation Attex racer.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Axles are 1 in outer bearings have rx268 on outside of flanges.
    Thanks
    Cave Trolls Rule!

Quote Originally Posted by birddog1148 View Post
    Axles are 1 in outer bearings have rx268 on outside of flanges.
    Thanks
    If you call the guys at Buffalo Bearing and give them that information, they'll certainly be able to cross reference the part numbers and hook you up with some good bearings at a good price. Ask them if you can get a tripple or at least double lip seal on those bearings as well. With tripple or double lip sealed bearings you'll have longer bearing life.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

My early 3/4" axles are 3/4" in inside and 7/8" outside. The 1" axles are 1" inside and 25mm outside. So make sure you measure where the bearing is and not just the shaft.

Larry, I measured where the axle goes in the bearing and sent Buffalo Bearing an email. Thanks!
    Cave Trolls Rule!

+ Reply to Thread