$75 Attex ST300D

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: $75 Attex ST300D

Very nice! Looks like Christmas came early this year.

Bearings all out and flanges soaking in parts washer. Axles wire brushed as well as sprockets. My son did some sanding and has it looking better. I have a good start on the new hubs. Thinking of disecting the original hubs and using the tubes for the new ones. Played with Acetone and MEK on the body, nice shine coming out.

Going to try to get frame repaired tomorow and painted so I can work on reassembly.
    Cave Trolls Rule!

4 of six tires

Got 4 of my 6 tires today from Intercos blem page.
    Cave Trolls Rule!

Mounted the tires last nite, buy that was a bear. I have mounted many tires, even 2 on the same rim but that was tough getting those on, even with the HF manual tire changer.

Clutch Fairy came today with my $7 ebay Salsbury clutch today. 25MM taper bore I am going to have bored and broached. INow I just need to tfigure out what else I need to do to make it work on the clone.

# on the front 703303
    # on back 140913, supposedly came off a Suzuki

@#%#$*%($^@% thing is a missmatch of different parts, missing the spider plate, all 3 rollers broke and half the springs! Seller did refund all my $$ even shipping tho. Now I STILL need a clutch.
    Last edited by birddog1148; 11-19-2009 at 03:25 PM.
    Cave Trolls Rule!

That is no good, at least he refunded your money. Keep the updates coming. Even if there bad updates.

got the last 2 tires in found a clutch too

see it in behind that kec340? Guess that will have to do till I can get a 4 cycle clutch for my clone.

Ohh got an Amphicat too for $75.
    Cave Trolls Rule!

tires mounted up

some pics of the wheel adapters I am making, had one of the axles drilled and tapped to bolt the sleeves to when I weld them on, make sure they are straight and centered.

3 tires and rims stacked with my helper, little does he know there is an amphicat under the tarp on the trailer behind him for his Bday!

another view of the CCW engine I will use till I get a 4 cycle clutch.
    Cave Trolls Rule!

Ok, here is some more pics oh my home made hubs.

And I got the frame repaired today.

and 1 tire on for fun!

and shot some starting fluid in the ccw engine and it fired!!
    Cave Trolls Rule!

Thumbs down

Sweet!!! Looking good.

With the hubs those turned out great but I think you may have to brace the flat stock to the piping with some triangle shapes welded in. You may be ok but I doubt it. I had problems with mine but I was welding my adapters to the stock hubs and the stock weld would break really easy where the washer style 3 bolt plate was welded to the paper thin piping. Your piping is a lot thicker so it may be ok. Not sure if you want to run it and see what happens or just add the braces. Thats your call. Hard to say for sure.

Nice work though. Thanks for updates.

Told the wife I wanted a divorce, now I am afraid to put it back together, she wont think it is worth as much in pieces.
    Cave Trolls Rule!

+ Reply to Thread