$75 Attex ST300D

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: $75 Attex ST300D

Hybrid View

$75 Attex ST300D

Well I went and looked at an attex last night, go pick it up fri after work. Here are the pics I have, didnt get a pic of the trans as it was in the back of a semi trailer and was to dar for the phone. No motor, tires and ?
    This will be my first experiance with a 6x6 so me and the boys should have fun getting it going. Good think I am a fair fabricator and scrounger, looks like alot of work.

So tell me what you all think!
    Cave Trolls Rule!

Looks like you got your work cut out for you. Have fun

Cool Lots of luck

It will take time and patience for this machine, but you can do it. It's is fun to work through these projects. Just don't get discouraged. There are a lot of great people that will help with parts and info. Keep us posted as to the progress on the machine.

Looks like the first thing is a frame How are the corners of the Tub?

Frame- thats where the scrounger and fabber comes in, lots of rust, but I think there is enough there to atleast get dimensions if I cant fix it to build a new one.

Tub corners-Looks ok on the front, were there supposed to be metal caps on the rear? There are the remnants of some.

Hope to have more pics fri nite.
    Cave Trolls Rule!

Smile Attex

I think you'll like it very much. there are parts all over the place for that attex

Very good starter. I love those first generation attexes. Simple and very affective with a good set of tires. Put a little time into that machine and you could easily get it as good as new.

Good starter but not necessarily a "just a beginner machine" Good starter may not be correct way to put it but you know what I mean.
    Last edited by LarryW; 07-30-2009 at 06:26 PM.

More pics. Home now and all mine!!!

looks like the frame needs LOTS of work, looks like it was partialy sheet metal, may just use some angle.
    Cave Trolls Rule!

With out scarying you to badly, that is the worst Ive seen. The planatary disk are apart on the ones side. I hope none of the gears fell out. Also the transmission cradle or frame has bearing retainers on both sides. I'm hoping they didnt get lost. There like a connecting rod end cap. And they are numbered 1 and 2 on cap and cradle so you dont get them mixed up as there machined to stay together. Also when the trans is out, the brake/drive pucks (pads) can fall out of the calipers. Not a big deal and could be made but better if you have them. If you look at the connecting linkages on the floor, there bent bad, someone must of really been pushing forward on those sticks hard. Which may be an indication of someone not knowing how to adjust the drive pucks or maybe there beyond adjustment. The angle iron on the frame is basically sheet metal thick to begin with on the inner rails. Very thin. So it dont take much for it to rust out badly. Yours is hard to see but looks like its completey missing chunks of frame. Even before it gets that bad the inner frame rails get weak and flexs so the axle will move up at wheel end and down at the inner frame rail end. The tires will rub the body in extreme cases. Redoing the frame rails really wouldn't be that hard though. Looks like the front is ok so that would save alot of work if you only have to do the rear inner rails. But if your doing it, it wont hurt to beef up the whole thing.

Its definitely a project machine but sounds like you have the mechanical ability to get this thing back to life.

The abs body is easliy fixable to like new or better condition. If you look at my gallery and look at attex little lil truck conversion I am working on. You can see how well the plastic can be brought back to life. But thats only cosmetics and I would work on the mechanics first.

Good luck with it, feel free to ask any questions and keep us update on any progress you make.
    Last edited by LarryW; 10-03-2009 at 12:48 PM.

The planitary gears only have 3 planet gears right? Cover did fall off on the way home, but I figure it needs all torn down and rebuilt anyway. Brake pucks look to be there buf not in the center so need spread apart to get discs in. Caps are there to hold trans in, and the guy I got it from said he could make some if not. What about that serial #2023?
    Cave Trolls Rule!

Quote Originally Posted by birddog1148 View Post
    The planitary gears only have 3 planet gears right? Cover did fall off on the way home, but I figure it needs all torn down and rebuilt anyway. Brake pucks look to be there buf not in the center so need spread apart to get discs in. Caps are there to hold trans in, and the guy I got it from said he could make some if not. What about that serial #2023?
    Yea only 3 gears is right. Thats good you have all your parts.

Just out of curiousity, what is the serial number on your transmission? Im trying to find out if the trans and vehicle numbers are suppose to match. All my machines have had the serial number sticker off. So I only know the transmission one. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread