Carlisle Chevrons Discontinued Effective July 1, 2009

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carlisle Chevrons Discontinued Effective July 1, 2009

Carlisle Chevrons Discontinued Effective July 1, 2009

Guys,

I just got off the phone with a Carlisle dealer in the lower 48.

The Carlisle Chevron tire (22x11.00-8, Part #531950) has been discontinued as of July 1, 2009, and is no more. There is no replacement according to Carlisle. I snagged up 9 of the 10 he had on hand, and they are starting their long journey to Homer, Alaska.

I was also told that Carlisle is producing a new tire design specifically for Argo.

My thinking is, for those who may want to run factory tracks on older Argos, the options for tires are gradually fading away. There are still plenty of these Carlisle Chevrons out there in inventory, so now is the time to buy if you want them.

This looks like the death of the last ATV chevron tire made in America. I was informed by the dealer that he will soon be carrying a new tire from China that is a close replacement, at $3 less than he charged me for the Carlisle.

That wasn't much of a a surprise.

Planter Bob

thanks bob need to get me 2 robbie.
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

I just priced 22 inch chevrons @$99 each!goodyear runnamucks ,22x10x8 (also out of production)@$150 each!!it seems the people that have these tires in stock want to make a few extra $$$$$,almost double the price i got a year ago!
    (PS replacing my worn /rotted 20 inch runnamucks,78 argo 6x6)
    You never know till you try it

I guess in the near future ,the only tires that you can buy for an amphib , will be the 24 and 25 inch Frontier tires from an Argo dealer. At the price that these tires sell for,,this is going to be quite expensive.

Recently put 6 Carlisle AT101's on my ATTEX. 4 ply soft ride and a good swimmer. about $75 apiece.
    I also had my max4 swimming at ledges with GBC Dirt Devils. Not good swimmer but did swim. Swam better with the tread pointing forward. I didn't expect that.

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    I guess in the near future ,the only tires that you can buy for an amphib , will be the 24 and 25 inch Frontier tires from an Argo dealer. At the price that these tires sell for,,this is going to be quite expensive.
    mud you can get the 26 goodyears copy from specialy tires of america and Motorcycle Tires, ATV Tires, Lawn Tires, Carlisle Tires robbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

+ Reply to Thread